Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My bank are making house calls

Options
  • 18-06-2010 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Re; Non primary principle residence in arrears (a field with planning potential)

Due to reduced circumstances the bank are paying a house visit to discuss my situation
    What should I expect… must you provide details of all your financial affairs? (Bank statements)

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Re; Non primary principle residence in arrears (a field with planning potential)

Due to reduced circumstances the bank are paying a house visit to discuss my situation
    What should I expect… must you provide details of all your financial affairs? (Bank statements)

Many thanks in advance

if you are looking to sort out payment on an account in arrears i would be as open as possible. The bank will work with you if you are open about your situation but if they feel you are holding back on the information you are supplying to them then they will be tempted to press on with legal proceedings i would imagine as they would feel their attempts to approach the financial end of things is not being cooperated with.

Do up a financial statement as best you can such as your income (salary, benefits, rent from properties if you have some) and your outgoings. Provide documentation to back up your financial statement and work with the bank to come to a proposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 james ensor

Sound advice
    I just anxious of this bank official assessing our situation & deciding we should downsize ie, our car (06 corolla) etc. The small amount of savings we have are for medical/family emergencies and I don’t want to bring this amount into the equation
    Thanks again Chris85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i am having a VISIT today will let you know how i get on:eek:

they where to come to me at 2 i rang them at ten past and they are 30 miles away in a different bank branch . ,waiting for manager to ring me back i am raging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

whelan1 wrote: »
    they where to come to me at 2 i rang them at ten past and they are 30 miles away in a different bank branch . ,waiting for manager to ring me back i am raging

Best of luck - have the kettle on!

• Advertisement

coming next thursday will believe it when i see it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 james ensor

FYI
    Received letter from bank this week, they have agreed to accept reduce payments for a temporary period.

No Visit!

I believe this came about because of a frustrating phone call with the bank.
    Why frustrating? Every time it’s a different person at the end of the line, same questions no continuity.
    I answered the questions & responded to her suggestions calmly & politely
    The phone/bank operative ticked the box for “genuine” so thankfully the pressure is off for now

T.you

i just got a call from the bank man again- i suppose at least he is talking to me now:rolleyes: still no further on its a load of crap

Advertisement