Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice version of Is Tabhair Dom do Lamh

Options
  • 18-06-2010 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Can anyone recommend a good version of Is Tabhair Dom do Lamh? I have to play it as a solo at a wedding and I would like some inspiration!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

OP on what instrument?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

I'll be playing it on the tin whistle with guitar accompaniment but I don't mind what instrument its played on if there is a nice version out there. I would just like some idea of what is a good tempo, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

I think the nicest version is on the Sean O Riada album "O Riada". It has a lovely tempo and a slightly stately feel to it which would suit a wedding very well. It was released on CD around 1995 and I've seen it on Amazon, so I'm sure it's not hard to get.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I think a low whistle is more suited for that tune. I've uploaded this for you as I can't remember where I found it, think it's from kerrywhistles.com. This is a really nice version, don't forget to half hole that F natural, you can slide up to it.

http://chlnvln.com/bongo/give_me_your_hand.mov

Advertisement