Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Guards In The Country With Peanlty Points?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

No one is allowed to break the limit, only in the case of an emergency .This applies to gards. However I can well understand why they do, in most cases they are stretched too thin, so if breaking the speed limit even when going for lunch lets them do there job better as long as it is safe go for it I will not complain. But I do wish that some of the drivers would take ,just like ordinary drivers pay more attention to the other rules of the road, like indicating etc.
    Also you only move out of the way of the emergency services when it is safe to do so and in a safe manner .

Anyone who uses the word safe three times in a paragraph is quite possibly dangerous.
    No, you move out of the way of emergency services in any way shape or form you can, scrape along a bush, mount the kerb, drive into a hole, it doesn't matter, they might just go for a roll, but they might just need to be somewhere where someone is assaulted, a house is burning, someone had a heart attack and needs medical treatment, because some prick decides "Oh, I don't want to put a scratch onto my 09 Chelsea Tractor" someone could die.
    Honestly, I would give emergency services the power to ram and bludgeon their way past arseholes like that and if they kick up, tazer, pepper spray, handcuffs, night in cells with full body cavity search, visit to the courts, massive fine, driving ban and in case of more lip coming from wanker, jail time.
    Because YOU don't decide if the garda, ambulance or fire brigade is in a genuine emergency, THEY do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Anyone who uses the word safe three times in a paragraph is quite possibly dangerous.
    No, you move out of the way of emergency services in any way shape or form you can, scrape along a bush, mount the kerb, drive into a hole, it doesn't matter, they might just go for a roll, but they might just need to be somewhere where someone is assaulted, a house is burning, someone had a heart attack and needs medical treatment, because some prick decides "Oh, I don't want to put a scratch onto my 09 Chelsea Tractor" someone could die.
    Honestly, I would give emergency services the power to ram and bludgeon their way past arseholes like that and if they kick up, tazer, pepper spray, handcuffs, night in cells with full body cavity search, visit to the courts, massive fine, driving ban and in case of more lip coming from wanker, jail time.
    Because YOU don't decide if the garda, ambulance or fire brigade is in a genuine emergency, THEY do.

What a load of tripe.. according to the op.. no lights, no siren.. police went by him as if he was stopped, at the entrance to a village.. for a big breakfast roll, so he asked "i wonder if there's any police in the country with points.."

Innocent enough question, only to be followed by "DON'T QUESTION!" replies like the above.. your attitude is what had the country in the state it was in when the peado priests and police ruled with an iron fist.

Roll on democracy and ask what ever question ye like..

trad wrote: »
    I think this is a pointless thread.

only to be topped by your pointless statement.. bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

It was a pun on the thread title. The question has not been answered and has gone off on a tangent about drivers of ES vehicles.

If you want a discussion on driving standards on Emergeny Vehicles, start a thread on the Emergency Services forum and you might get some more informed answers. My 2c worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Originally Posted by firefly08
    Maybe because they are on a call but don't want to have the lights or sirens on all the time for some reason?
    then why would they be just cruising alone in no hurry before and after the lights

Your logic is flawed. How do you judge that they are in no hurry, except by watching what they do when they are faced with a delay? When you saw them "in no hurry", maybe they weren't using the lights because there was no need.

I know how it looks, and wouldn't be that surprised (or bothered) if they were just taking the piss, but sometimes appearances can be deceiving ;)

It was a pun on the thread title. .

Apologies.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭PrimalTherapy

ah man a garda would bust his gut getting getting to breakie like any of us would!!
    they left a man die on the road in donegal
    "The local garda on duty is drinking in a pub as the alarm is raised."
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/mum-and-garda-the-true-heroines-of-morris-inquiry-1372301.html

It was a pun on the thread title. The question has not been answered and has gone off on a tangent about drivers of ES vehicles.

If you want a discussion on driving standards on Emergeny Vehicles, start a thread on the Emergency Services forum and you might get some more informed answers. My 2c worth.
    doubt it they just make fun of anyone who disagrees or even question their clique

ottostreet wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you're a troll.

I have no problems with any emergency vehicle doing whatever speeds they like, or what theyre doing. If there is any abuse of power while driving, then fair play if they get away with it, because I'd probably do the same.
    and that makes it right, hope you are not driving an ambulace to the supermarket to do the shopping as i have seen

• Advertisement

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Obviously major stuff is different, but the smaller things...
    and where do you draw the line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

You move out of the way when it is safe to do so. Every single recommendation from the RSA, the AGS, the government and anyone with a modicum of sense says that. If I need to mount a kerb to move out of the way, I will do so AFTER I have checked that it is safe to do so, slowly, and in a controlled manner. You're advocating dangerous driving that could easily cause a bigger problem than the one the emergency vehicle is going to.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    You move out of the way when it is safe to do so. Every single recommendation from the RSA, the AGS, the government and anyone with a modicum of sense says that. If I need to mount a kerb to move out of the way, I will do so AFTER I have checked that it is safe to do so, slowly, and in a controlled manner. You're advocating dangerous driving that could easily cause a bigger problem than the one the emergency vehicle is going to.
    +1 and the greatest of these is common sense

+1:)

The police are hiring again..

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/en/campaign/testing.do

for all the wannabies licking up to them on this tread..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

peatcass wrote: »

The police?

Gardai, you mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Fine body of men I always said, do they hire Germans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Gardaí aren't going to go giving eachother penalty points, line of duty or not. I'd say they could just about get away with murder tbh.

+1

Gardaí aren't going to go giving eachother penalty points, line of duty or not. I'd say they could just about get away with murder tbh.
    drinking after hours anyway and drink driving.

Gophur wrote: »
    The police?

Gardai, you mean?

LOL!!!! all english, then pick out the one focail as gailge you know to pick mé fein up on!!! amadain.:D

LOL!!!! all english, then pick out the one focail as gailge you know to pick mé fein up on!!! amadain.:D
    amadain:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭paultheviking

:D:DHa ha!!!! OWNED!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭paultheviking

my primary school teacher used to call me an amadhain all the time, suppose it means gob****e?

Advertisement