Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brewery tour's

Options
  • 18-06-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

has anyone been on the the tour of the brewery in kilkenny yet?
    is it wort the ten € i know ya get pint to, anyone else get the flyer for it,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Great for foreign tourists anyway. If you're from Kilkenny it'll probably show you a few places you haven't seen before and they've put in an exhibit of old photos, promo material, machinery etc.

It's mostly for foreign tourists though, cead mile failte job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭alan85

I was on the last tour there a few years ago. It involved watching an antiquated video of how they made Smithwick's and followed by a tasting where you were only meant to get a pint but we ended up getting drunk, drinking straight from the tap with our mouths and missing our bus back to Dublin.... Was awesome! And it was free too....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

My grandad used to do the tours in there years ago instead of retiring from it. He ended up doing a total of 70 years service there from the age of 16 until 86.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

My grandad used to do the tours in there years ago instead of retiring from it. He ended up doing a total of 70 years service there from the age of 16 until 86.

Ka-ching!.... Pension!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I must admit that's the first thing that occured to me as well.

• Advertisement

All the brewery pensioners get two free kegs in Cleere's every Thursday afternoon. What a score. Go in and drink til they fall.

They used to be in the cellar but they've been moved because of the tours.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Threadhead wrote: »
    All the brewery pensioners get two free kegs in Cleere's every Thursday afternoon. What a score. Go in and drink til they fall.

They used to be in the cellar but they've been moved because of the tours.

Do you think I'd get away it, if I brought my fathers ID into Cleeres?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

If you're anywhere near as good at break dancing you're a shoo-in.

I reckon we all walk in, a bit of talc in the hair, a load of auld ****e talk out of us. It'll be a ball.

I'll bring my cane and my prosthetic gyro-hip, (in case I need to bust a few killer moves so as not to blow our cover).

• Advertisement
Advertisement