Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody wants to donate a TQ radio please?

Options
  • 18-06-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭

I was modifying one of my extra Traxxas TQ3 transmitters last night (adding EPA on the 3rd channel and changing the 2 position rocker switch on the 3rd channel to a 3 position switch) when I accidently destoyed the spring mechanism that returns the steering wheel to the neutral position.

I've searched eBay for a new/used donor unit, but because the majority are located in the US, shipping is expensive and all-in it's going to cost me about $30.

Have any boardsies here a unused, maybe even broken TQ transmitter which they would like to donate? (Of course I'll pay for postage.) For my purpose it woukldn't matter if it's a 2 or 3 channel - I'm really only after the steering wheel mechanism.

PLEASE:o

BTW, I've tested the mod itself and it works perfectly.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Do you think a part from an Acoms tx would fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I don't know.:o

I'll put some pics up later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Im just laughing at your sig:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I managed to get it sorted. Here's a few pics:

The 3 position 3rd channel switch:
    DSCN8838.jpg

EPA pots added for the 3rd channel:
    DSCN8840.jpg

The white blob to the left of the switch is the end of a cable tie and holds the spring for the steering wheel in position, piece of fuel tube over dolly:
    DSCN8841.jpg

Old 2 position 3rd channel toggle switch removed and filled up with hot glue:
    DSCN8842.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Yeah .. .great sig T-Maxxx.

Handy conversion that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement