Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Draw

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Reckon they happy getting bohs ?

Handy cheap trip tho
    Seem to be happy enough :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    Minnow.

:pac:

Just want the best for my fellow LOI clubs, literally the best :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Dundalk get Levski Sofia for the next round.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Rovers get Ulysses or BNEI Yudeha or something.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Armenia or Israel :(

baz2009 wrote: »
    Rovers get Ulysses or BNEI Yudeha or something.:P

fix

:D

Tough one for Fingal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Nice trip but a tough game.:(

Ah well looking forward to it.:) Im sure we will give it our best shot. We do have a good away record ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Shamrock Rovers vs Bnei Yehuda F.C (Israel) / FC Ulysses (Armenia).

Hmmmmmm......

• Advertisement

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers vs Bnei Yehuda F.C (Israel) / FC Ulysses (Armenia).

Hmmmmmm......

Nightmare either way.

Only a week to get a visa and sort flights wont be cheap either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The Israelis are supposed to be pretty good. If they win their tie, I can see major problems getting visas in such a short time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Nightmare either way.

Only a week to get a visa and sort flights wont be cheap either.
    If your going to Israel travel by boat it's cheaper and more exciting with free accommodation.

The Israelis are supposed to be pretty good. If they win their tie, I can see major problems getting visas in such a short time.

Dont think you can apply now without a match ticket/plane ticket? :confused:

Could always charter a boat over :D

Dont think you can apply now without a match ticket/plane ticket? :confused:

Yeah - it's a disaster. I read that you can get Visas for Armenia at the airport, but for Israel with all that's gone on - I'd say it will be tough. Club will do a charter, more than likely.

My wife is due that week so I wouldn't have been able to go the second-leg anyway.

Hopefully there is a third-round to go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Yeah - it's a disaster. I read that you can get Visas for Armenia at the airport, but for Israel with all that's gone on - I'd say it will be tough. Club will do a charter, more than likely.

My wife is due that week so I wouldn't have been able to go the second-leg anyway.

Your mail-order bride is finally arriving. Congratulations
    Will she be watching the first leg on ustream?

• Advertisement

My wife is due Jew that week so I wouldn't have been able to go the second-leg anyway.

FYP :pac:

LiamMc wrote: »
    Your mail-order bride is finally arriving.

:)

You know what mots are like. I told her there's hospitals in Armenia but no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Since I don't think anyone has mentioned it explicitly yet, Sporting Fingal got CS Maritimo of Portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Since I don't think anyone has mentioned it explicitly yet, Sporting Fingal got CS Maritimo of Portugal.

Tough tie, but for the Fingal fan that goes it will be a nice oul trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

How did I know youed have something to say about Fingal Gavin? :) Predictable as ever. I wish Shels all the best in their endeavours. :p

• Advertisement

Cheers gav. I will enjoy it alright:)

Dont worry buddy, you still have the Leinster cup and 1st division mediocrity to look forward to, so all is not lost. Chin up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

:)

You know what mots are like. I told her there's hospitals in Armenia but no joy.
    I burst my bollix laughing at that.

What a brutal draw. Im banned from entering Israel anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm sure the irish embassy in Tel-Aviv could knock you up an Isreali passport:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dont worry buddy, you still have the Leinster cup and 1st division mediocrity to look forward to, so all is not lost. Chin up

WTF is the Leinster Cup? Oh and we have a future to look forward too!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Hard draw for Fingal :D Dundalk and Bohs should go through. Rovers is a hard one to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

CiaranC wrote: »
    I burst my bollix laughing at that.

What a brutal draw. Im banned from entering Israel anyways

Crikey, this is getting out of hand.
    That's not more instructions from the other half is it?

LiamMc wrote: »
    Crikey, this is getting out of hand.
    That's not more instructions from the other half is it?

rovers fan could be anything :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

EU citizens don't need a visa to get into Israel.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    EU citizens don't need a visa to get into Israel.

yeah like irish citizens dont need a passport to get into EU countries.

good luck with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

As far as I can see, if Bohs beat TNS (as you would expect), and then win their 3rd qualifying round game and enter the play-off round, they are guaranteed a spot in the Europa group stages at a minimum?

I hope they do well, but I don't know if I wish them that much sucess...
    Wikipedia: The play-off round will be split into two separate sections: one for champions and one for non-champions. The losing teams in both sections will enter the group stage of the 2010–11 UEFA Europa League.

• Advertisement

hmm success .......

Sadly this is ireland, they may well get into the groups and have to play more games midweek thus giving LOI titles chasers an oppurtunity to steal their crown.

But at what cost, 6 group games vs israel, norwegian, finnish teams no actual money made for the club other that the UEFA monies(next may). fans struggle to afford trips and increased home prices. Noone other than bohs fans go to the home UEFA games even tho well marketted to the entire country.

Does it ever end well for LOI clubs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

But the group stages of any European competition is the holy grail, no? ;)

But seriously, if we can not call getting to the group stages in Europe "success", we may throw our hat at it now...

But the group stages of any European competition is the holy grail, no? ;)

But seriously, if we can not call getting to the group stages in Europe "success", we may throw our hat at it now...

Success is not having points deducted or an * on the league. Having a budget at the start of the season and when it ends saying **** we made a tenner :eek::eek::eek:

in time it will fall into place, but if Pats had made the group stages in the last 2 years would that be a fair reflection on the league? **** no we were **** in the league and spent 6 million+ on playing 3 rounds in europe.

Granted we "competed" with the last round opponents but we spent money that there was no hope of making back. if we had of made the groups would anything have changed in the LOI? Would people come to our games ?

Rovers would be the best example of a club actually "making it" but tbh once you hit that last round, you sort of realise how ****ed you are and how well you did to get that far. Tis a bridge too far for us tbh.

/irony we under budget and top of the league :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

WTF is the Leinster Cup? Oh and we have a future to look forward too!;)

Aw its ok Gav, how does that pint of bitter taste?
    Pauleta wrote: »
    Hard draw for Fingal :D

Wow..erm. Never realised there was sooo many folk with a hunchback. :P Best of luck to whatever team you follow. :)

As far as I can see, if Bohs beat TNS (as you would expect), and then win their 3rd qualifying round game and enter the play-off round, they are guaranteed a spot in the Europa group stages at a minimum?

As far as I know that's correct, and would be a nice boost to Irish European rankings and respect in general :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Have to say good luck to Bohs, Rovers, and Dundalk, all have a chance of progression.
    As for the other shower managed by Liam "no team of mine will lose 5-0 in Europe again" Buckley, FC Zimbru anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

If Bohs don't progress (to a third qualifying round tie that clashes with a certain curtain-raiser) it would be a major surprise.

I don't think Grevenmacher will be pushovers - they've given Cypriot, Finnish and Bosnian sides a run for their money in recent years. However, given that the Luxembourg National Division is currently ranked lower than the Carling Premiership up north, you'd have to expect Dundalk to progress.

I wouldn't right off Rovers' chances against (probably) Israeli opposition. The Israeli league is ranked at a similar level to the Austrian and Cypriot leagues and Bohs and Cork have acquitted themselves well against Salzburg ('09) and Apollon Limassol ('06). Having said that, Salzburg were hammered 5-1 by Israeli opposition (Maccabi Haifa) in last year's play-off round!

You wouldn't fancy Fingal to progress against a Portuguese side. Mind you, Marítimo's European record is pretty dismal. Still better than Fingal's though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

dan1895 wrote: »
    As for the other shower managed by Liam "no team of mine will lose 5-0 in Europe again" Buckley, FC Zimbru anyone?

Shut up, shut up, shut up! the flashbacks... aaagh!
    1-0 against Krylia Sovetov, 0-0 against Hertha Berlin, 2-1 against Elfsborg (rocks back and forward...)

I'd been doing my best to forget that ever happened, thanks for that! :mad: :pac:

djpbarry wrote: »

You wouldn't fancy Fingal to progress against a Portuguese side. Mind you, Marítimo's European record is pretty dismal. Still better than Fingal's though.

Excuse me:mad:. We have never lost a game in europe and thats a fact:)

• Advertisement

Excuse me:mad:. We have never lost a game in europe and thats a fact:)
    In fact your wins to games percentage is so great it can't be defined ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I think i'll stick a few sheckels on Fingal to win the League and still be in the europa cup at the same time :)

Shut up, shut up, shut up! the flashbacks... aaagh!
    1-0 against Krylia Sovetov, 0-0 against Hertha Berlin, 2-1 against Elfsborg (rocks back and forward...)

I'd been doing my best to forget that ever happened, thanks for that! :mad: :pac:

Sorry that wasn't a dig at Pats, more so Fungal's managers record in euro competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Sorry that wasn't a dig at Pats, more so Fingal's managers record in euro competition.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sorry that wasn't a dig at Pats, more so Fungal's managers record in euro competition.
    FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    FYP

If it aint broke don't fix it ;).

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    FYP
    whats to fix?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement