Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teachers in Pride

Options
  • 18-06-2010 11:07am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For the first time ever, all the primary and second-level teaching unions (INTO, TUI, ASTI) will have an official presence at Pride this year.

Section 37 means not everyone is comfortable joining us, but give us a bit of a clap if you see us along the way.

Don't know what Section 37 is?
    See here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

spurious wrote: »
    For the first time ever, all the primary and second-level teaching unions (INTO, TUI, ASTI) will have an official presence at Pride this year.

Section 37 means not everyone is comfortable joining us, but give us a bit of a clap if you see us along the way.

Don't know what Section 37 is?
    See here

That's really great news - I think that it's time to really start action on section 37 - Given that Labour have committed to abolishing it - I think all groups who want to abolish to it should come together in a campaign and put political pressure on all parties to commit to abolish it in their manifestos for the next general election

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

As a gay teacher I think this is great. I won't be taking part, but I'll make sure to cheer you on from the side!

Advertisement