Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€40 to appeal a subject?!

• 18-06-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Anyone else think that that's a bit much? I mean, I know they have to charge something, but still €40 is a lot to pay, especially if you're sure that the grade is unfair. They should refund you if your grade goes back up, seeing as it's their fault haha jk

Comments

You are refunded if your grade goes up.

In fairness if it was free/cheaper everyone would appeal the grades they didn't like, and it would be incredibly time consuming and pointless. They do have to pay people to recheck your paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Connie Bah

You are refunded if your grade goes up.

Oh, I did not know that. Haha Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,054 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Connie Bah wrote: »
    Anyone else think that that's a bit much? I mean, I know they have to charge something, but still €40 is a lot to pay, especially if you're sure that the grade is unfair. They should refund you if your grade goes back up, seeing as it's their fault haha jk

They really should refund you if it goes up. I thought they did? I remember back when I was doing my own LC (seems like an eternity ago now) I had my Geography paper regraded. And it went up alright. Can't quite remember if I got my money back though!

o1s1n wrote: »
    They really should refund you if it goes up. I thought they did? I remember back when I was doing my own LC (seems like an eternity ago now) I had my Geography paper regraded. And it went up alright. Can't quite remember if I got my money back though!
    I had my JC art grade rechecked and it moved up, got my money back. So you definitely do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SEInvincible

yeah you get the money back.

thing is though they all follow a marking scheme, except in English where it's the corrector's impression ( or practical work i suppose)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

what if you appeal and ytou go down?
    whats the story then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭3DataModem

You get your fee back if the grade changes up or down.

(And plenty do go down by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

3DataModem wrote: »
    Don't think so..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Apparently if you go down you don't have to accept it and you can still use the points you had before to get into your course. I think this a new thing. That's what I heard anyway.
    Not sure if you get a refund though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Apparently if you go down you don't have to accept it and you can still use the points you had before to get into your course. I think this a new thing. That's what I heard anyway.

really?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Well I'd check with a more reliable source first before you get your hopes :) I think my guidance counselor said something about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

3DataModem wrote: »

(And plenty do go down by the way)
    No, don't think so?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/education/state-examinations/appeal_leaving_cert
    This fee is returned to you if the result is upgraded. Refunds will be made through your school, if you are entered for the exam by your school.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Well you have to accept it. But if your in a course and your points drop you below the points needed you won't be kicked out...probably

That's the way it was in 08 though so you said it might av changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Pretty sure if your grade goes down it doesnt really affect you ( except emotionally of course ;) Like by the time you get your result back you would have been in college at least 4 - 8 weeks by then.. They are hardly gonna inform your college and kick you out =)

Advertisement