Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese/Asian takeaways in drogheda

Options
  • 18-06-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭

Whats a good takeaway in Drogheda?

i was told before about one in the Boyne SC but cant remember the name of it, anyone know?

Is that a good one or what would be the best?

preferably one with a website that i can view the menu:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

The one at the Boyne shopping centre is the King of Kings. Its quality alright. Tango on the Rathmullan road is another quality chinese. My fav tho is Woks Cooking in Wheaton Hall - f*ckin savage portions, very nice and your one that runs the shop is great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

My fav tho is Woks Cooking in Wheaton Hall - f*ckin savage portions, very nice and your one that runs the shop is great craic!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

king of kings is the one

ah ill be on the north side of drogheda, wheaton hall is a good bit away

is there a menu online for king of kings?

what is the china garden like on stockwell street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I always get a stomach ache after woks cooking... Dont know why. The food is gorgeous but always myself and my daugher get a stomach ache:confused:.

Is it just Wok's cooking, or do you get this with other Chinese take aways as well? I know someone who can't stomach Chinese food - not sure what it is though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

could it be MSG's in the food?
    perhaps they use a large amount or something?

event wrote: »
    could it be MSG's in the food?

I always thought using MSG was illegal in Ireland - but now that I did some googling, I can't find anything to say it is..!! Anyone know the exact info on this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The interesting thing about Wok's cooking is that they don't do delivery and unlike everybody else, never drop menu's in the front door. Just goes too show how a quality product speaks for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Just Woks cooking....not that I get chinese often. Really bad cramps. Actually my daughter doesn't get it with any other takeaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I stopped eating from Woks about 2 yrs ago, I found their sauces to be very "gloopy" ie full of msg.
    In saying that my boyfriend brought one home from there not so long ago and it didn't seem quite as gloopy as before!

I get my take aways now from Ming Garden at the bottom of Trinity St, it's a trip across town but worth it.

When I moved to Drogheda first about 5yrs ago the first take away I got was from Hai Phong on the Dublin road. I took about 2 bites and put it in the bin, it was the worst thing I have ever eaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I stopped eating from Woks about 2 yrs ago, I found their sauces to be very "gloopy" ie full of msg.

Gloopy means that the sauce is thickened with cornflour, not that there's MSG in it, AFAIK.

Advertisement