Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The True Value of Irish MMA

• 18-06-2010 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hey guys I was working and came across this

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1411179/000130368110000020/casl8k_08mar10.txt

IMO this is fantastic news for CageWars & even better for Irish MMA this is a major investment in our sport.

2 million shares at $0.35 is $700,000 dollars. This shows Irish MMA is in a fantastic place.

And if my source is correct then the other big Irish promotion could be going the same way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

I am guessing when you say "the other big Irish promotion" you mean Cage Contender. Let me set the record straight:

I very recently became the sole owner of Cage Contender. In the middle of this week I agreed terms to sell a very minority share of the company to a UK based sports management company. Nothing changes for the promotion at all.

Also congrats chris and paddy on catching a great deal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

fightie wrote: »
    ........I very recently became the sole owner of Cage Contender. In the middle of this week I agreed terms to sell a very minority share of the company to a UK based sports management company.................:)

Firstly John congraulations on takin ownership it woz no secret I had my concerns;) Secondly I always think it is good thing not only for capital but for protection of any company to have other shareholders (even minimal!!!) and Contenders will be set to grow from strength to strength!!!!

Paddy and Chris hav lead the way on the "business" aspect of MMA and done it like true professionals and well. Now with massive promotions I hope that fans will get to see great MMA. A lot of promotions can dilute the quality and matchmakin quality needs to be of highest standard:(

Urs
    x

Mrs Lynch wrote: »
    Firstly John congraulations on takin ownership it woz no secret I had my concerns;) Secondly I always think it is good thing not only for capital but for protection of any company to have other shareholders (even minimal!!!) and Contenders will be set to grow from strength to strength!!!!

Urs
    x

Thanks Urs

The main reason i took the offer was that I will need someone to do the part of the running about in the UK for me. The plan for 2011 is to have 9 - 12 shows per year across Ireland and the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Good to see solid investment coming into Irish MMA, I'll have to admit that I'm disapointed to see Cage Contender move to the UK after only one Republic show.

Can you tell us if the full amount invested by this new share holder will be put back into the sport?

Anakin.S wrote: »
    Good to see solid investment coming into Irish MMA, I'll have to admit that I'm disapointed to see Cage Contender move to the UK after only one Republic show.

CAGE CONTENDER is not moving!!!I am expanding. I will still be putting on the same number of shows of the same quality here in Ireland (north and south). Just now i will be doing another show in between somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭juijitsu black

:o:o I think someone has hit a nerve there John, A word of advice from joe soap here, dont get too big for your boots, I have been to your shows and they are BRILLIANT :) but people in this great land are true to the soul dont respect people thinkng they are better than they are. I think its class what your at, but always remember where you started as there a 50 others running shows who can tell a great story and steal your thunder.;) No negitivity intended here man just a honest txt. Keep up the good shows :D

Ah ha, i should have guessed you would have come scuttling out from under your rock for this thread:p:p
    :o:o I think someone has hit a nerve there John,

How do you work that out?? If you are going to make a comment like that why not firstly grow a set and tell us all who you are!! All i have done on this thread is answer what was asked. The only thing that hits a nerve with me is when people come running out trying create a problem where there isn't 1.

A word of advice from joe soap here, dont get too big for your boots, I have been to your shows and they are BRILLIANT :) but people in this great land are true to the soul dont respect people thinkng they are better than they are.

True to the soul??? from a person who comes on here and hides behind a user name, again why not tell us all who you are.

How do you mean too big for my boots? I never have and never will change who i am and the values that i work to.

I think its class what your at, but always remember where you started as there a 50 others running shows who can tell a great story and steal your thunder.;)

I never forget where i started and never will, and should i ever start to forget i am pretty sure the 14-16 hours a day that i put into my company will put me safely back in my box:)

No negitivity intended here man just a honest txt. Keep up the good shows :D

As always,thanks for the advice and fell free to come and say hello if you make it to the next show

fightie wrote: »
    CAGE CONTENDER is not moving!!!I am expanding. I will still be putting on the same number of shows of the same quality here in Ireland (north and south). Just now i will be doing another show in between somewhere else.

Great to hear your still going to be putting the same quality shows on in Ireland.

I wish you all the best with your shows both here in Ireland and in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

:o:o I think someone has hit a nerve there John, A word of advice from joe soap here, dont get too big for your boots, I have been to your shows and they are BRILLIANT :) but people in this great land are true to the soul dont respect people thinkng they are better than they are. I think its class what your at, but always remember where you started as there a 50 others running shows who can tell a great story and steal your thunder.;) No negitivity intended here man just a honest txt. Keep up the good shows :D

Bravo juijitsu black.
    You always post the most random things on this forum. You made this strange thread even stranger!

Bravo juijitsu black.
    You always post the most random things on this forum. You made this strange thread even stranger!

Yeah my fault for starting it. :o Sorry...

I have to agree Juijitsu's posts are always worth the read. I was thinking of starting a Juijitsu Black appreciation society threat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭juijitsu black

WOW! I completly take back what I said about too big for boots.:o Sorry. If your putting that amount of hours into this I have and would prob speak for the wohle community that ... THIS IS WHAT MMA NEEDS! ... And yes I will defo come up and speak to you again, just like I did at the last show:) Keep up the good work J.

Fightie,

Are you going to tell us who has bought into Cage Contender or do we have to wait for an official press release?

Can you answer other questions about this investment?

Im sorry i have to ask now.

Why are you so interested in this Anakin? Does it really matter who is investing in Cage Contender?
    I find it quite rude that you are sticking your nose into someone else`s business like this on a public forum. It has really got nothing to do with you.

Im sorry i have to ask now.

Why are you so interested in this Anakin? Does it really matter who is investing in Cage Contender?
    I find it quite rude that you are sticking your nose into someone else`s business like this on a public forum. It has really got nothing to do with you.

I find your comment strange.

I think that genuine investment in Irish MMA is a good thing. My initial post was about CageWars getting an investment and I heard another promotion was getting an investment also.

fightie acknowledged that it was cage contender and I asked a couple of questions. fightie has not asked me to 'keep my nose' out of his business, I'm sure if he didn't want people to know about this recent deal he wouldn't of posted in this thread, asked me to back off or complained to a mod and got the thread deleted.

Are you offended because you found out that the two biggest promotions in Ireland have had major investment? Or that Irish MMA is getting good solid investment?

Sounds more like sour grapes on your part

I think that genuine investment in Irish MMA is a good thing. My initial post was about CageWars getting an investment and I heard another promotion was getting an investment also.

So do i. Its about time someone invested decent money into the sport over here.
    fightie acknowledged that it was cage contender and I asked a couple of questions. fightie has not asked me to 'keep my nose' out of his business, I'm sure if he didn't want people to know about this recent deal he wouldn't of posted in this thread, asked me to back off or complained to a mod and got the thread deleted.

Im pretty sure John will answer all these questions if he feels people need to know.
    Are you offended because you found out that the two biggest promotions in Ireland have had major investment? Or that Irish MMA is getting good solid investment?

Why would this offend me? Like i said before i think its a good thing.
    Sounds more like sour grapes on your part

Now this made me lol. Sour Grapes about what?
    Do you really think that i have a problem with how John Ferguson runs the Cage Contender Brand?
    At the start i admit that i wasnt Johns biggest fan. I didnt like the idea that someone was coming into the sport in my opinion just for the money. Now after dealing with John quite alot i think differently. I climbed down off my high horse and realised that what John Ferguson does with his money and Promotion behind the scenes is none of my business. As long as he runs safe, well produced, professional shows he can do whatever he wants with his cash. And you know what i think he runs a cracking show. So im happy with that.

Now that weve skated around my origional question ill ask you again.
    Why are you so interested in this?
    Nobody else is wanting these questions answered.

Now that weve skated around my origional question ill ask you again.
    Why are you so interested in this?
    Nobody else is wanting these questions answered.

I'm just fan of MMA, I'm interested in the integrity of Irish MMA.

I just want reputable people investing in Irish MMA.

My comment about you having sour grapes was wrong and I apologise to you for it.

Ok, I will happily tell you who the new share holder is:

He is Mick Carney, from Stoke on Trent (UK). Mick is a licenced Football agent by the FA and is also a licenced boxing manager/agent and promoter by the BBBofC. He looks after various footballers and boxers throughout the UK (and don't ask who, it's none of your business:)). Cage Contender will be owned by our new company "Fight Options" but as i stated before, nothing changes for the promotion. It's still me doing what i do :D

Hopefully this will bring this thread to an end.

Thanks for the info,

sorry if I touched a nerve with some people, I honestly didn't intend to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Being a woman we dont like doin apologises too much lol but I have apologised in person and now doin it publicly to John Ferguson. There is no shock in sayin I have been critical of him in the past I had my reasons and my concerns about his promotion and Im not apologising for these. I havent hid behind a name or talked behind his back what I said I said to his face (cheeky bitch that I am :eek:)

Personally Ive known John a lot longer than anybody else in MMA. I knew he knew nothing about the sport and it pained me when "muscle" came into our sport flashin the cash and to me I was beginnin to feel frightened that our local shows were gonna get crushed and dont think this is the case now, I actually believe his plans could help us and he is makin the effort to support all local shows.

Urs
    x
    (this is a one-off John you dont get another one lol)

Advertisement