Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC 2011 - Dancing at Lughnasa - RTE 1 tonight

• 18-06-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

Get your dvds set for 9.30 tonight if you're doing DAL for the comparative next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Could'nt they have put it on 2 weeks for those of us doing it this year...they knew full well =P stupid RTE ha

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Bit late now RTE!

English has left the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

What a crap/pointless film!! :p:p

According to our english teacher.. any of the scenes that happened outside of the house or garden in the film don't actually happen in the play

ciano1 wrote: »
    What a crap/pointless film!! :p:p

According to our english teacher.. any of the scenes that happened outside of the house or garden in the film don't actually happen in the play

Better than King Lear where they show him walking up a little ramp, symbolising a mountain.... Or the King Lear play we went to see in Galway last year, and King Lear, instead of becoming insane, became gay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lookingfor?

dancing at lughnasa is 80 pages of what is going on here
    all the sisters go on about is gerry and who will be the next one to ride him because hes the only man in there life
    and they all die in the end
    and last year we went to see lear in wexford and i fell asleep for about 2 hours of the play so it must have been bad
    and for my jc we went to see romeo and juliet it had cowboys in it and fake ponys in it and they where going around on them i think it was based on some gang land thing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RUARIDHT10

It's an absolute joke they're showing this now, why would they hav not done it 2 or 3 weeks ago :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Or the King Lear play we went to see in Galway last year, and King Lear, instead of becoming insane, became gay?
    Whut?!! 0_o

Whut?!! 0_o
    yeah, seriously... I'll get the details of the play off my friends when I see them.

But the moral of the story, a man who was working at a theatre in England rewrote Lear to exist in the context of modern times.

We went to see it, and instead of Lear becoming insane, he became insanely gay. I was tired and didn't pay much heed to it until the end of the play, but there were people down almost licking his feet. I don't think it was deliberate but he "seemed" gay and both of our english teachers who were with us on the day agreed that it seemed as if the play was trying to use sexuality as an indicator of state of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sarahisdeadly

and last year we went to see lear in wexford and i fell asleep for about 2 hours of the play so it must have been bad

I was at that! It thought it was good, except for the bit where lear started...pleasuring himself...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RUARIDHT10

I was at that! It thought it was good, except for the bit where lear started...pleasuring himself...

Haha thats exactly what happened in the one i went to in DCU some big sweaty Lear started groping his balls i felt sorry for ppl in the front row :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

Oh that stupid stupid play. God i hate english.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

In the King Lear we went to see... There were only 3 actors in the whole play.

The same actor that played the fool, he also played goneril or regan :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I wouldn't watch this is you're any way likely to get confused. My English teacher showed the movie to us about a month before our Summer Comparative test. The amount of idiots who got the movie mixed up with the play....

Advertisement