Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera Repair

• 18-06-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hi I have had a bit of an unfortunate accident with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38, at a wedding I knocked a glass of wine over it and now my view finder has a pink cast to it, the wine must have got under it. Camera still appears to be functioning fine but I would like to get it repaired if possible.

Does anyone know of any good camera shops where I could get this fixed in the Dublin City area?

And yes I know I'm a dumba** for doing this so no need to further shame me :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

Say no more...im on my fifth camera which I recently got insured...think I really do have butter fingers.

Are you covered under warranty or guarantee? If so, there should be a repair centre specifically for your camera that if you send it to, they may fix it for free or they may charge you depending on the problem,

There are 2 camera repair shops I know of around the Dublin area one on Dame street ph: 6778100 or web add: www.cameracare.ie (its around €25 to leave the camera in but this is knocked off the actually price of the cost when your camera is fixed. However, I have heard if you don't collect your camera within 6 months, they sell it on!!

The other one is the Camera Repair centre on Portobello harbour ph: 4781638

But i'd defo check out the warranty piece first, good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭goose06

They'd hardly cover it under warranty since I spilt wine on it though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

goose06 wrote: »
    They'd hardly cover it under warranty since I spilt wine on it though?

Only if you paid extra for an extended warranty/insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

When my Panasonic P&S started giving me problems, I stopped in to Gunnes and they directed me to a place near Baggot Bridge.

It's called, Micro Electronics Services. I'll PM you their contact details if you want.

It's had it back to me in a week and the camera is fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

Well the problem I had with my camera was covered under warranty however they still refused to fix it without me paying for it. You don't need to be honest with them on how you broke it, it may save you a few bob :confused:

• Advertisement

Please do
    When my Panasonic P&S started giving me problems, I stopped in to Gunnes and they directed me to a place near Baggot Bridge.

It's called, Micro Electronics Services. I'll PM you their contact details if you want.

It's had it back to me in a week and the camera is fine now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

You don't need to be honest with them on how you broke it, it may save you a few bob :confused:
    i think the wine inside the camera might betray him, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Don't go near Camera Care. They are shocking. Never ask the phone

i think the wine inside the camera might betray him, though.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

goose06 wrote: »
    :D

just tell them that it's started to have this pink glow and say no more... you didn't see wine being spilt on it.. if they charge you afterwards well hard luck but say nothing and you never know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

give zerohamster a PM .... he does some repair work

Advertisement