Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding on an Zyxel P-660HW-T1 V3 Router -Solution?

• 18-06-2010 12:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ive seen this thread come up a few times and I too have fallen prey to the horror these routers but I managed, much to my surprise, to get a pro active response Eircom following a tweet I sent out last night.

An eircom representative sent me the following by email which covers port forwarding for the PS3 and Xbox360. I wont get a chance to try this later and im not a techie expert (so dont ask me queries in response to this post!) but if any can try this and post back with your success/failure that would be awesome!
    eircom wrote:
    On the modem page (192.168.1.254) on left side go to Network then NAT

There will be a port forward tab at the top of the main window. they need to select that

There will be a drop down box with WWW in it near the top of the page, the last option on that will be user define after selecting that you can enter the port numbers manually

you need to have setup the ip settings manually on the xbox/ps3 to set this up correctly. the zyxel requires you to enter the an ip address of the device the port is being forwarded to.

The ports you need to set up are 88, 3074 and 53 for the xbox and 443, 3478, 3479, 5223 for the ps3. you will need to make a new rule for each port.

The Firewall on the modem also needs to be set to low..

see also this link http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ZyXEL/P-660HW-T1v2/default.htm

Advertisement