Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick

• 18-06-2010 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Right,

I had a horrible flu or a extremly bad cold all of last week((The weekennd I could leave bed,and during the week I picked up but wasnt great.Someone told me your ment to tell the teachers or supervisor as they make note of it...Is it too late or what is the story with it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In fairness, there are candidates with enormously painful conditions sitting the LC and they just get on with it without looking for special treatment.

If I was correcting a paper and a note said 'the candidate had a cold' I know it wouldn't put me in the best humour to start correcting it. It doesn't really compare with 'the candidate's mother died last night' or 'the candidate gave birth six hours ago'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

That's a bit harsh Spurious.

Yeah, OP, you probably should have said it at the start. Unless it really affected you I wouldn't make a fuss about it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

spurious wrote: »
    In fairness, there are candidates with enormously painful conditions sitting the LC and they just get on with it without looking for special treatment.

If I was correcting a paper and a note said 'the candidate had a cold' I know it wouldn't put me in the best humour to start correcting it. It doesn't really compare with 'the candidate's mother died last night' or 'the candidate gave birth six hours ago'.

WTF? It's not his fault he got sick and maybe some people rather be in tip top shape before they do exams?

Anyway if I were you contact them asap and see if you can do tge resits that are on in january.

ModEdit: THERE ARE NO RE-SITS IN JANUARY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

That's a bit harsh Spurious.
    Not really, plenty of people had colds and were suffering from allergies in my exam centre and none of them were getting special treatment. Special consideration should really only be for students who deserve it. A cold doesn't really warrant leniency in my opinion. It's tough but you just have to take panadol and get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Major bummer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Hay Fever. 'Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

fufureida wrote: »
    WTF? It's not his fault he got sick and maybe some people rather be in tip top shape before they do exams?

Anyway if I were you contact them asap and see if you can do tge resits that are on in january.

oh man ... its his/er fault ..SHOULD BE LOOKING AFTER HIM/HER SELF . the examples about birth or death . . . ****t .. that's something .. not ****en cold .. deamn ... cold is like almost nothing ...... i have it now and i had it last week .. im not crying or acting like a pssy .. it may affect on your result if you didn't study for the 2 years in school .. and want to do everything in one day or one week . Hope everybody with this attitude will fail every fck single subject . Good luck . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

my friend had to stop halfway through maths paper one because he was shaking and sweating so much,felt extremely sick, but still managed to finish it.
    the next day (last saturday) he went to the doctor, who sent for an ambulance immediately to take him to hospital. while in the hospital, his appendix BURST, resulting in him undergoing immediate surgery on saturday evening.
    he came out of hospital sunday evening and managed to sit all his exams this week.

I was in hospital for 6 weeks with MRSA last year, got out the week of my college summer tests, passed them all...

Beat that :cool:

I was in hospital for 6 weeks with MRSA last year, got out the week of my college summer tests, passed them all...

Beat that :cool:

6 weeks is only month and half .... nothing impressive ..

• Advertisement

The final 6 weeks of a 12 week semester, I know it's no biggie, Sure MRSA's only a day or two recovery for someone who's not a wimp anyway

The final 6 weeks of a 12 week semester, I know it's no biggie, Sure MRSA's only a day or two recovery for someone who's not a wimp anyway

ye ye sad story of your life .. im so sorry for ya .. i hope irish times gonna write the story of yours some day. or at last quote you .

will ya stop ? :pac:

I've gotta try somethin Areq, i've done sensible summaries, outlandish statements, sarcasm... Still no mention of me :(

Gotta try a new angle, i'm playing the sympathy card! I only have one leg and my face fell off yesterday.

nice

Areq wrote: »
    nice

I have fibro malagia and get sick alot. Stress leaves me even worse, I know how it is to be really sick abd do exams.

I have fibro malagia and get sick alot. Stress leaves me even worse, I know how it is to be really sick abd do exams.

omg that is soo impressive . can i touch you by any chance?

...?

...?

you have it ... and don't even knw how to spell it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rockerlkj

unfortunately, that's the luck of the draw. if you feel sick on the day, then you just have to live with it and try and do your best. the sec does try and cater for people who have been rendered unable to write or see their paper with scribes and readers, but there is nothing they can do realistically for people who are sick. you just have to battle on and do your best. and the first guy has a point. hearing someone whining that they felt sick and looking for sympathy wouldnt bode well. they wouldnt give extra marks just because they felt sorry for you because any fool could write down that they felt sick. sadly, you just have to live with it and try and do your best.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

I think he/she meant they were confused by you wanting to touch them.

OP the cold seems a bit of a sorry excuse in fairness I can sympathise with you but man up and get on with it. Good luck with the rest of your exams:pac:

• Advertisement

I think he/she meant they were confused by you wanting to touch them.

It's a pretty clear connection if someone suffers from fibromyalgia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

I was listening to the radio yesterday, and some father was talking about his daughter who was so ill during her english exam she ended up in hospital, and shes still there. So a flu is distracting, but its not half as bad as other people. Plus its too late you havta tell them before the exam dont you? I had food poisoning during irish and i just had to put up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

I just googled fibromyalgia and relised that that is a very mean comment. Pretty low, at least put in a smiley if it was supposed to be funny.

Coming from someone who can't spell know. Seriously get a life. Chav.

It's a pretty clear connection if someone suffers from fibromyalgia

Um no it's not? Generalisation much?

The generalisation is what makes it a clear link, if a symptom is only present in the minority of people who suffer from a condition then the link wouldn't be clear. However, if people who suffer from a condition generally suffer a particular symptom, then the link becomes clear.

So yeah, it's a pretty clear link.

The generalisation is what makes it a clear link, if a symptom is only present in the minority of people who suffer from a condition then the link wouldn't be clear. However, if people who suffer from a condition generally suffer a particular symptom, then the link becomes clear.

So yeah, it's a pretty clear link.

No. No it's not. Fag.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

No. No it's not. Fag.

Enjoy being banned....

No. No it's not. Fag.

:eek:

• Advertisement

PARARORY wrote: »
    Enjoy being banned....

Will do.

Don't like it when people look up a statistic and decide on what someone with an illness feels. Someone like that can go jump off a bridge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement