Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 5, Episode 12 - "The Pandorica Opens"

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Just a quick point about What time this episode takes place in. The Doctor says he just followed the co-ordinates on the cliff face and says it should be something...... a.m. , no p.m. , no A.D. Looking surprised.

So he isn't actually sure where he is other than what he can see in front of him. It could be any time. Maybe even 26/6/2010.

Just another thing .......... River has a time Vortex wrist yoke. Wonder whether she can use it to save the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I have never had/seen this much antipitation, around a series finale

I fear that Moffat has built this up so skillfully, if it stinks it will kill his reputation. People are expecting very high things

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Dunno if this theory has been raised here at all but someone on another forum made a prediction about this character appearing The Valeyard well before the dreamlord episode.
    I would put money on the Dreamlord being the Valeyard, since even after the psychic pollen explanation we still saw the reflection in the tardis console
    There has to be an over all baddy that gathered all the races together and who better to do this than the anti-doctor.
    Also who was controlling the Tardis and making it explode?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

maybe the toys and the roman book etc etc are not tools the baddies used but could be tools the doctor uses in the finale? Alot has been put on Amy Pond playing make believe with the doctor as a kid. Perhaps none of it is make believe perhaps the key for the finale is her remembering the games she played with these dolls and then relinking them to real events and *pop* expanded timeline...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Blitzkrieg's post hurt my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Or she is Ramona's daughter and that explain the house being a tardis...

The dr's daughter is still out there some where as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The dr's daughter is still out there some where as well.

Don't even joke about that! :(

pixelburp wrote: »

But in the paraphrasing of YoSaffBridge; She's really hot

Although, if she has regenerated, who knows.

Amy is the regeneration of the Dr's daughter so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Last time she regenerated, she retained her form.

Stark wrote: »

true but that does not have to hold

and I am only stirring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

pixelburp wrote: »
    Jenny only got a re-generation at Moffatt's request... RTD had intended to kill her off.

Doubt she'll be pulled in here thought... reckon the travels with Amelia will be great to watch though remember thinking during the first ep that it was a shame they aged her so quick :)

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but possibly the best moment of this episode was the Look at me, I'm a target moment. :pac: Thought that was brilliant. Its up there with the funniest moments of this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

It's a bit ambiguous, she may not have regenerated at all during that scene. The terra-forming device the Doctor unleashed upon the planet may have revived her, and there's a visual hint that suggests this. The gas that comes out of her mouth as she returns to life doesn't look like the regeneration-energy stuff the Doctor tends to hock up, it's similar to whatever was in that terra-forming globe.

I doubt she'll appear during this series, but I hope she does eventually. Um... she's cute, so, yes please. :p

Back to the finalé - not sure if anybody's mentioned this yet, but why didn't River use her vortex manipulator to escape from the exploding TARDIS? Maybe she didn't have it with her? Also, the Doctor appears to literally have something up his sleeve in this episode - maybe River gave the device to the Doctor as part of their original plan? She gave him a communicator, after all.
    GSPfan wrote: »
    Look at me, I'm a target

That bit was hilarious! Also: "Aaaaha! We've got surprise on our side! They'll never expect three people to attack 12,000 Dalek battleships, because...! We'd be killed instantly. So it'd be a fairly short surprise." :pac:

River has a time Vortex wrist yoke. Wonder whether she can use it to save the day.

Asked the same question as you 12 posts ago. :)

Back to the finalé - not sure if anybody's mentioned this yet, but why didn't River use her vortex manipulator to escape from the exploding TARDIS?

In the nature of cliff-hangers I think that we may have seen the Tardis begin to explode and she aint dead yet.

You know what's great about Doctor Who though, the fact that we don't have to wait until next year to find out what happens next like nearly every American show. In America that would be the final episode and it'd go off air for 8 months. The recent finale of Stargate Universe ended with everyone with a gun to their head or bleeding to death or trapped somewhere!

* I sure hope we don't end this season on a big cliff hanger. I don't wanna jinx it by saying it won't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You know what's great about Doctor Who though, the fact that we don't have to wait until next year to find out what happens next like nearly every American show. In America that would be the final episode and it'd go off air for 8 months. The recent finale of Stargate Universe ended with everyone with a gun to their head or bleeding to death or trapped somewhere!

* I sure hope we don't end this season on a big cliff hanger. I don't wanna jinx it by saying it won't.
    Funny I was just thinking of this - I actually think Moffat's going to do just that. RTD did it himself, albeit on a small scale to whet the appetite for the Xmas special: Moffat seems like the cannier scriptwriter to end series 5 on a cliffhanger.

Afterall we need a new arc, now that the "Last of the Time Lords" schtick is over & done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I should really stop speculating, but it's all I can do while waiting for the final episode! :p

Anyway, I was thinking - perhaps Prisoner Zero isn't really a prisoner? We saw that the Atraxi were part of the Alliance, so maybe the events of The Eleventh Hour were a set up? They planted Zero in Amy's house so that he could keep track of her as she grew up. He watched her for twelve years and developed a psychic link with her, so this could be the Alliance's real way of scanning her memories. It'd explain why Auton Rory knows about how he died.

Also, the Doctor's comment about all the empty rooms in Amy's house made me a bit curious. Amy's house looks like a two-storey building from the outside, but there's an extra flight of stairs inside that suggests it's got one more floor. Maybe it leads to an attic, but the roof looks a bit too low to have enough room for one. I'm probably looking into this too much, but I thought it was odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Maybe it leads to an attic, but the roof looks a bit too low to have enough room for one. I'm probably looking into this too much, but I thought it was odd!

Continuity error. Or the compulsory "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" remark :-)

Continuity error. Or the compulsory "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" remark :-)

Naw. This whole series is quite well linked. I am not even sure that the doctor noticed that staircase, did anyone go up it? However, like in The Lodger, it should not have been there.

Remember we could see the door that the Doctor and Amy could only see out of the corner of their eye.

And the aunt. Thats a strange one. She wasnt back by 11 pm on the night of the 11th hour.

( It strikes me that even the title is a hint there)

unfortunately - the 11th hour is not online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Hmmm,loved this episode...but i've just looked up the imdb list for sat's episode and now I really can't wait to watch it! Warning....spoilers and character names are on the list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

angelll wrote: »
    Hmmm,loved this episode...but i've just looked up the imdb list for sat's episode and now I really can't wait to watch it! Warning....spoilers and character names are on the list :D
    rest of cast listed alphabetically:

Deadly!

As always when imdb.com gets mentioned, its worth reminding that anyone can update a movie / TV show's entry, so a large pinch of salt is needed.

I vaguely recall someone pointing excitedly at imdb.com around the end of series 1 and 2 because Davros had appeared in the finale's listings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbqsX5VfrQ&feature=related

Check out the preview ripped from the BBC website.
    I don't see how Rose could be in this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

My theory is that the names Amy/Amelia Pond and River Song are significant.

Amy/Amelia isnt very unusual, but Pond, River and Song arent the most common of names.....
    while there are loads of Rose Tyler's about....and dozens of Sarah Jane Smiths, for example.

So if we try to find anagrams for AmeliaPondRiverSong, we find:

Davros Loaning Empire

Simple really.... ;-)

E

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Deadly!

Hey! Spoiler!

Not happy here people! You'll blacken various bits that actually happen in the show and fiendishly show stuff that is actual spoilers!

Please don't let this be an actual spoiler...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Unless the o.p. was looking at the wrong cast list???
    Rose was not mentioned.That's not a spoiler is it? We know billie piper isn't coming back atm,or possibly ever,although she worked with matt before on another show so maybe at some stage? I think she's the est companion,Amy drives me nuts. Although I'm def warming to Matt Smith,when the series started i really didn't think he could work as the doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

On the basis of being cautious I have added spoiler tags to anything from post 142 on that might give hints about the final episode...

[Edit]Just did a quick search on IMDB and while a certain character is listed in the main DR Who cast list they are not listed on the specific episode credits. For those who want to look at the episode cast list (and if you don't like spoilers I wouldn't look - There is definitely at least one spoiler there that I can spot) it's here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1607759/fullcredits#cast

It does look like the addition of spoiler tags wasn't necessary but I am going to leave them in just in case someone reads the thread in order and runs away thinking they've seen something they didn't want to.[/Edit]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

angelll wrote: »

WOW. Lets hope they pull it off :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement