Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to recycle boiler cylinder tank?

Options
  • 18-06-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

i have a copper cylinder tank, the plumber said i can bring it to some scrap yard for money but didn't tell me where exactly this place is. does anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a scrap metal depot on the clanbrassil street side of harolds cross bridge, just beside mc kenna's pub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

i have a copper cylinder tank, the plumber said i can bring it to some scrap yard for money but didn't tell me where exactly this place is. does anyone know?

They buy copper by weight..i think its 1300 euro per tonne so dont expect too much for it.
    Maybe try to sell it privatly on gumtree,buy and sell or boards ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cookingmama

thank you so much guys! i will go down to the depot this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

theres a place beside haroldscross bridge, mullins I think is the name. you'll get 30-40euro for it depending on size and the current copper market price.
    they seem like good people and gave me a good deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I'm actually surprised the plumber told you that, its usually a perk of the job for them to bring it to a scrap yard themselves, was he a young guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 cookingmama

hi everyone, i got 44 euro off my cylinder. i went to the place in haroldscross bridge last week.

and yes the plumber was young and he was a friend of my friend, that could be the reason he was very kind to me?

Advertisement