Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German HL

• 18-06-2010 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

Thought it was lovely! Texts were easy to understand, Ausserung was a bit awkward, but tape was simple. Really happy, I'm sure I got a B3 at least, and I was only hoping for a C.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

That Aural was B E A utiful! The letter was awkward but I've never seen easier comps. Thanks German paper setter!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mark.oc

Yeah, I'm just delighted with that. I'll be really disappointed If i don't get an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

I feel giddy after that aural, by miles the easiest LC aural in years.

Written was handy too, 2nd comprehension in particular I thought was very straightforward and the letter topics were fine.

Marking scheme will be a b*tch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

That was great! Although most people in my class thought the aural was hard? :S It was lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 laurnatal

that was a nice paper. i thought the ausserung's were a bit stupid though, doubt i even got half marks on that. but the angewandte grammatik was ok and the comp's not bad so hoping for a C1 if not a B3!

• Advertisement

The rewriting in Präsens was ridiculously nice. Usually I lose loads of marks for AG but not this time! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 leinster2010

has to have been the easiest German written and aural tests on the Leaving Cert so far! Delighted with them, and oral went well so hoping for an A!
    Worried that the marking scheme will be a bitch because of it :/ but still gave a load of details anywhere I could

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

That paper was fúcking BEAUTIFUL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shortsighted

I've spent the year in an absolute PANIC regarding German aural. Didn't realise how futile this panic was til 12.50 today. Extremely happy with it :)
    Written paper - Meh, nothing fantastic, but pretty manageable, should balance out to give me a mediocre grade.

....And to be honest Simone, right now I don't give a **** how you do in your interview ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭starry nights

the first comp was lovely, but the second one..... WTF Solar powered cinema?!
    the ausserung wasnt great, the letter....meh.

ust hoping i got a high C or low B, was aiming for B1 but i doubt i got it...

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I thoroughly enjoyed that paper. If only I hadn't messed up my oral. :'(

Ah well, I have a guaranteed A1 in Russian so I didn't really care for German today. Just did it for pride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Aisling x

i liked it, but my timing sucked as usual...my last point of the letter was really short....DANCE LESSONS?! what did people write for that anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shortsighted

Aisling x wrote: »
    i liked it, but my timing sucked as usual...my last point of the letter was really short....DANCE LESSONS?! what did people write for that anyway?

Same thing happened me, think I just lost all the momentum I had built up from spewing the stuff about the importance of wearing a clean suit and being polite during your interview in the third paragraph :(

I just said basically nah, didn't like dancing because I'm unfit, I prefer to sit in front of the TV and when I do exercise I prefer to go walking or cycling. Then just expressed my appreciation for dance by saying it was great for the health...
    ...Rambling tangent much? ;)

Well we can thank our lucky stars that we didn't fall into the trap of someone in my school who mistook "Tanzkurs" to mean "tanning course"...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

an absolute beaut of a paper! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Aisling x wrote: »

I said I enjoyed a wee dance in the Kneipe at the Wochenende :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

Ruski wrote: »
    I thoroughly enjoyed that paper. If only I hadn't messed up my oral. :'(

same here!

Yeah, that paper was lovely. Wasn't planning to count german but might end up counting it now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 emchugh

Unreal paper !! Ich liebe deutsch!! Danke schon!! :L

Well we can thank our lucky stars that we didn't fall into the trap of someone in my school who mistook "Tanzkurs" to mean "tanning course"...:eek:

no way?! unlucky...yes, tanning is indeed very "in" :P
    hate the way you can't keep the paper...
    as a matter of interest, how much did people write? i think the 160 words is a joke?

I said I enjoyed a wee dance in the Kneipe at the Wochenende :p

XD
    there'll be plenty of Tanzen in the Kneipen come next Mittwoch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Twas alright. German was never my strong point. The aural was incredibly easy though. Definitely brought my grade up a mile. I'd be delighted with a C. It's all I need anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Did anyone else mention boards.ie in their letter? :D

lalee17 wrote: »

Ya me too!! haha

Haha yeah that's what I was thinking! Didn't wanna have to talk about it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I did! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Yep!!! Overall was fine will be disappointed with a c. Hoping for a decent b!!!

Ich tanze gern!
    Tanz ist nicht nur mein Hobby sondern auch meine Leidenschaft!!!!!!

"Ich habe tolle Beine!!":P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭starry nights

yeah i did. lol

lc2010 wrote: »

"Ich habe tolle Beine!!":P

"Ich habe zwei linke Fusse" :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

haha, yeah I did too! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I managed to write my aural in the correct language this time too. Big moment for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mongolia

lol yep.

Advertisement