Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German HL

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

lalee17 wrote: »
    Did anyone else mention boards.ie in their letter? :D

Hell yeah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 roll on summer 10!

Loved the paper, only bit that was a bit weird was the Ausserung and the model thing in the aural was hilariuos, our class were laughing during it!

Hell yeah :D

Yep! :)

Aisling x wrote: »
    XD
    there'll be plenty of Tanzen in the Kneipen come next Mittwoch :D

Hell yeh! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

ummtea wrote: »
    "Ich habe zwei linke Fusse" :cool:

I said exactly the same!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 LouiseZ

I managed to write my aural in the correct language this time too. Big moment for me.

Me too!First time all year..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

yep me too!

hahaha they're going to think there's some conspiracy going on with boards if we've all written it.. imagine if we (miraculously) got thrown into the same bunch for correction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xemmsx

Loved the paper, only bit that was a bit weird was the Ausserung and the model thing in the aural was hilariuos, our class were laughing during it!

haha same in my class even our examiner was laughing away to herself!!

thought the aural was was piss...
    but im not sure about the rest.. i was really tempted to drop down to pass before the exam but im so glad i didnt!! :p

i'd say nearly everyone mentioned boards on their exam.. letter was kinda simple like.. exept for what to do in an interview that kinda threw me a bit :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

MEINE LANGEN BLONDEN HAARE UND SUPER LANGE BEINE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Brilliant paper. first time I've ever done the entire paper. what brilliant is the devine intervention that happened yesterday, had a little voice in my head that said don't bother study barr the pronouns alnd low and behold none of the stuff my teacher gave us came up. WHat better is he'll never contact me via e-mail again :D

My friend and I burst out @the model and Yea i mentioned boards too :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 psychoduck

Ruski wrote: »
    I did! :D

i did too! :D "aber dieses Forum macht sehr suchtig und dann habe ich keine Zeit fur mein Abitur" :D i thought it was a lovely question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Boards.ie ist eine grosse Ablenkung und eine totalle Zeitverschwendung :(

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I was delighted with the whole paper, though I did have to rush the end of the letter a bit - luckily, I didn't have much to say about dancing... What a random topic! :rolleyes:
    Boards.ie is going to get a good bit of promotion thanks to us!

Aural - All I can say is... Julia Richter <3 :P

Did anyone else notice in the first comprehension that his girlfriend's name changed? It was Jutta and then Julia. Maybe I misunderstood the text but I think that's what it was about. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Yes I did!

Lovely paper imo,much nicer than last years(yes I am repeating,lol),defo a C-B situation :D
    listening was a beaut
    "Meine Total Figur,Lange Blonde Haare und super lange beine"was in stitches:p

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mark.oc

zam wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice in the first comprehension that his girlfriend's name changed? It was Jutta and then Julia. Maybe I misunderstood the text but I think that's what it was about. Odd.
    I'd imagine Jutta was a nickname.

mark.oc wrote: »
    I'd imagine Jutta was a nickname.

Bit unclear...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mark.oc

zam wrote: »
    Bit unclear...
    It's a very common thing in mainland Europe. Particularly the further east you go.

But I can see your point.

mark.oc wrote: »
    It's a very common thing in mainland Europe. Particularly the further east you go.

But I can see your point.

Fair enough. But I didn't know that and it threw me! Ah well sure I'm sure most people were the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

The interview through me off a bit, i said you should talk about your work experience then i went on about my job i had last summer.
    The thema thing was a bit odd 2, i did the cinema one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

That exam was just simple. Way easier than previous years! :D
    So lets go through it:
    • Text 1: For once, I could actually understand what was going on in the story! Text 1 was handy enough.
    • Angewandte Grammatik: Once again, simple. And the Prasens was too easy.
    • Text 2: I actually enjoyed reading that text. I thought the whole idea for the solar operated cinema was genius. For once they decided to put on a text that students would be interested in reading about. As always, the questions were easy for text 2.
    • Ausserung zum Thema: I did (a). I thoght it was ok. Prevoius years were a little easier to be honest. But it was still manageable.
    • Letter: Grand, simple and easy to understand letter. The only bit I didn't like was the interview questions. I couldn't think of what to say in english, let alone german! And I was annoyed when I read: Ich werde mich natürlich ordentlich dafür anziehen. That was a few of my points about clothing gone out the window. :mad:
    • Aural: Was also simple. Nothing difficult at all. I was on the verge of bursting out laughing listening to the model speaking in Teil 2. And I thought it was stupid how the student in Teil 3 was delighted with the fact that there were 2 windows in the bedroom. :rolleyes:
    • Oral: My oral went quite well. Hopefully got an A or high B in the oral.
    In conclusion, I am hoping for an A, if not a very high B.
    That was the most easiest German exam ever! :D

Yes I did. I talked about how it is an excellent resource for students and all that crap. :D:D

Text 2: I actually enjoyed reading that text. I thought the whole idea for the solar operated cinema was genius.

The only bit I didn't like was the interview questions. I couldn't think of what to say in english, let alone german!

I also quite enjoyed text 2, thought it was an interesting concept and definitely something that someone with a more technology-based mind would have an interest in. It's so much easier to understand a text when you like reading it, it starts to feel less like hard work and more like a "hobby" or something!

I didn't like the interview question either, and like you said, I didn't even know what to say in English! But I've not spoken to one person yet who thinks they did fantastic in that part! Hopefully the marking scheme will be pretty lenient. :) haha!

I also quite enjoyed text 2, thought it was an interesting concept and definitely something that someone with a more technology-based mind would have an interest in. It's so much easier to understand a text when you like reading it, it starts to feel less like hard work and more like a "hobby" or something!

I didn't like the interview question either, and like you said, I didn't even know what to say in English! But I've not spoken to one person yet who thinks they did fantastic in that part! Hopefully the marking scheme will be pretty lenient. :) haha!
    Exactly!
    Yes, hopefully the marking scheme will be lenient. But, I find that german is the subject with the most strict marking scheme. Hopefully it won't be too bad this year! :D But I still feel confident that I did well...so fingers crossed!

But, I find that german is the subject with the most strict marking scheme.

Hmmm... I'd have to say Biology for that.
    They can change it so much and people can end up losing 6 marks everywhere!
    It's fine if it's marked ok but if too many people do well then it can just be nasty! You can end up coming out grades below what you had expected!

Hopefully that won't happen this year!

Well I'm not expecting an A or anything. I love German but didn't need it and therefore didn't have the time to put into it. Unfortunately maths and chemistry are pretty demanding, but hopefully I got a B overall.
    I'm pretty confident in an A in both the oral and Aural, it's just the written paper probably let me down a little.

Time will tell!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Was very nice paper.

Hoping for a1 or a2.

Texts were easy to understand and 2nd text was very interesting.

I did find some of the parts in the tape a bit tricky, its always my weak part.

Really liked the letter but my grind teacher thought the dance course was a bit sexist.lol

Did second ausserung which was very similar to the one that came up in 2006 I think about competitions.

Hmmm... I'd have to say Biology for that.
    They can change it so much and people can end up losing 6 marks everywhere!
    It's fine if it's marked ok but if too many people do well then it can just be nasty! You can end up coming out grades below what you had expected!

Hopefully that won't happen this year!

Well I'm not expecting an A or anything. I love German but didn't need it and therefore didn't have the time to put into it. Unfortunately maths and chemistry are pretty demanding, but hopefully I got a B overall.
    I'm pretty confident in an A in both the oral and Aural, it's just the written paper probably let me down a little.

Time will tell!! :)

Well I don't do biology, so I don't know what the marking scheme is like for that subject. Same here, I'd be happy with an A or a B1.
    Yes, time will tell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

i liked it alot actually dont think i did bad, but in the first text fro the duration of it i thought it was a she so i answered all the questions about she, but then at the last one i realised the mistake, listening was funny with the model one but a nice paper overall

Advertisement