Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do amazon.co.uk ship computer components to Ireland?

Options
  • 18-06-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of getting something from there, so do they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Why don't you just use Scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

I was thinking of getting something from there, so do they?

Yes, but first check you are buying from amazon themselves and not a reseller whom all have individual policies regarding shipping. Just check the description 'Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk' applies to your purchase.
    @IrishGrimReaper if the purchase amount is over 25GBP with amazon, then they give free shipping so it might work out cheaper than Scan.

Darwin wrote: »
    Yes, but first check you are buying from amazon themselves and not a reseller whom all have individual policies regarding shipping. Just check the description 'Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk' applies to your purchase.
    @IrishGrimReaper if the purchase amount is over 25GBP with amazon, then they give free shipping so it might work out cheaper than Scan.
    I've never found Amazon to be cheaper on lots of computer stuff for a new build. Also, doesn't that free shipping thing take ages to actually get to you? My brother bought speakers of them with the free delivery, think it was like near 2 weeks before they arrived. It was around the Christmas period too though.

Also, Scan has a brilliant support from my experience, haven't had to RMA anything yet luckily, but answering emails(which some companies seem to have trouble doing, won't say names) is done in a breeze. I haven't had to wait more than the next working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I've never found Amazon to be cheaper on lots of computer stuff for a new build. Also, doesn't that free shipping thing take ages to actually get to you? My brother bought speakers of them with the free delivery, think it was like near 2 weeks before they arrived. It was around the Christmas period too though.

Also, Scan has a brilliant support from my experience, haven't had to RMA anything yet luckily, but answering emails(which some companies seem to have trouble doing, won't say names) is done in a breeze. I haven't had to wait more than the next working day.

I never go with free shipping (except for DealExtreme and play.com), and I don't think Amazon offer it to Ireland anyway.

• Advertisement

And why wouldn't I want those speakers? Can you suggest better 5.1 speakers for that price (NOT Creative ones, I hate that company)?

And why wouldn't I want those speakers? Can you suggest better 5.1 speakers for that price (NOT Creative ones, I hate that company)?
    Why are you getting 5.1? Why not 2.0?
    Edit: For that price they are fine, I used to have them myself but I went and got a pair of these instead.
    AV40 - they blow my old 540's to bits in sheer superiority, just don't think that they have more 'speakers' means they will be better :) If you could get the Av40 instead you'd be making a wiser decision imo.

p.s: Are you using Amazon for speakers or computer hardware? I taught you might have cancelled your order with Komplett or something :)

Why are you getting 5.1? Why not 2.0?
    Edit: For that price they are fine, I used to have them myself but I went and got a pair of these instead.
    AV40 - they blow my old 540's to bits in sheer superiority, just don't think that they have more 'speakers' means they will be better :) If you could get the Av40 instead you'd be making a wiser decision imo.

p.s: Are you using Amazon for speakers or computer hardware? I taught you might have cancelled your order with Komplett or something :)

For speakers, and possibly a sound card, my order with Kompletti salmost finished being picked :)

EDIT: Oh, and I wnat 5.1 because I'm a surround sound whore ;D

EDIT: Oh, and I wnat 5.1 because I'm a surround sound whore ;D
    Yeah, so was I. I still haven't noticed much of a different in terms of surround sound.

You'll see when you're older hehe, come a few years when you're in the market for new speakers, check out the Av40 unless something better for the price comes out :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, so was I. I still haven't noticed much of a different in terms of surround sound.

You'll see when you're older hehe, come a few years when you're in the market for new speakers, check out the Av40 unless something better for the price comes out :)
    I certainly will, epsecially if there's a 5.1 or 2.1 option :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Erm, I'm pretty sure amazon don't deliver electonics to Ireland.
    2 nights ago I was trying to order a projector and hdmi cable from them (and yes amazon are sometimes cheaper than other online retailers). At the checkout it said both items could not be delivered to Ireland, I thought "WTF, really?". After some google searches I found out that amazon wouldn't deliver electronics to Ireland specifically because of the wee regulation.

I did order an external HD from them 3 months ago, but im guessing it was a reseller or something since I had no issue gettin it sent here

Krieg wrote: »
    2 nights ago I was trying to order a projector and hdmi cable from them (and yes amazon are sometimes cheaper than other online retailers). At the checkout it said both items could not be delivered to Ireland, I thought "WTF, really?". After some google searches I found out that amazon wouldn't deliver electronics to Ireland specifically because of the wee regulation.

I did order an external HD from them 3 months ago, but im guessing it was a reseller or something since I had no issue gettin it sent here

Looks like I'm ordering from Scan then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Looks like I'm ordering from Scan then :(

There seems to be a lot of misinformation in this thread. Amazon will ship electronics to Ireland and they contribute to the WEEE fund, see the section on Ireland here
    On the subject of delivery charges, despite what has been written above, if something is marked with free super saver delivery you will get it delivered free to Ireland provided the price is 25GBP or higher.
    I'm not necessarily recommending amazon for your purchase, but they are worth checking out when shopping around.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation in this thread. Amazon will ship electronics to Ireland and they contribute to the WEEE fund, see the section on Ireland here
    On the subject of delivery charges, despite what has been written above, if something is marked with free super saver delivery you will get it delivered free to Ireland provided the price is 25GBP or higher.
    I'm not necessarily recommending amazon for your purchase, but they are worth checking out when shopping around.

Looks like I'll be ordering from Amazon then :)

Ah your right, I was wrong.

http://www.mneylon.me/blog/archives/2009/04/05/amazon-removes-delivery-restrictions-to-ireland/
    By Michele Neylon on April 5, 2009 8:34 PM | 21 Comments

Almost three years ago I wrote about how Amazon UK had stopped shipping a lot of goods to Ireland. At the time it was very hard to get any tangible details from Amazon about the change in policy. Eventually an answer of sorts was forthcoming, though it took a lot of effort to get it! Basically Amazon were concerned about the Irish (and EU) legislation affecting the recycling of electronic goods. What was incredibly annoying was that Amazon managed to apply the same criteria to a much wider range of products than just electronics.

In any case as of a few days ago the restriction has been lifted. I've successfully ordered a Logitech Harmony remote control (I'd been thinking of getting one for ages) and they took the order without any issue. Admittedly the Amazon site still has lots of references to delivery restrictions on the product details pages and the change only applies to Amazon not their marketplace vendors.

It would be interesting to know why Amazon took so long to make this change in policy, but it is very very welcome. More competition is always good.

Forgot to say, that's €20 more than Scan and €40 more than Amazon!

Forgot to say, that's €20 more than Scan and €40 more than Amazon!
    Scan delivered to Republic Of Ireland= £100.62/ €120.69

Don't know how much it is on Amazon since I don't use them, but they look the cheapest of them all. Same reason my brother bought the Z5500 off them.

Scan delivered to Republic Of Ireland= £100.62/ €120.69

Don't know how much it is on Amazon since I don't use them, but they look the cheapest of them all. Same reason my brother bought the Z5500 off them.

Oh, didn't see the "delivered to Ireland" bit. Ah well, Amazon are still cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I dont see why you couldnt order from amazon, i added the speaker to cart and went to the last stage of conformation without getting a warning that they wouldnt deliver to ireland, plus since its over 25 quid you can get the free delivery, its an extra day or two but its free :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Amazon will deliver electronics to Ireland .

I've had various items delivered (cpu , Harmony remotes , etc) ,

My most recent Amazon purchases were 2 Xigmatek cpu heatsinks / coolers , which qualified for free shipping . Delivery took no longer than items I had paid postage for .

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Amazon will deliver electronics to Ireland .

I've had various items delivered (cpu , Harmony remotes , etc) ,

My most recent Amazon purchases were 2 Xigmatek cpu heatsinks / coolers , which qualified for free shipping . Delivery took no longer that items I had paid postage for .

Sweet, Awesome speakers for under €70 and free shipping :D

Now I just need to save up for them and Fallout: New Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I always thought they didnt ship any electronics...:eek: but guess im gonna get new speakers from them then :D
    cis2pq

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I always thought they didnt ship any electronics...:eek: but guess im gonna get new speakers from them then :D
    cis2pq

They didn't about three years ago, but I think they have centres in Dublin and Cork now. Just make sure that the item you want is from amazon itself. Some of the sellers don't ship here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Krieg wrote: »
    I found out that amazon wouldn't deliver electronics to Ireland specifically because of the wee regulation.

I have a sound card and a PCI-E SATA card that would like a quick word with you. ;)

Serephucus wrote: »
    I have a sound card and a PCI-E SATA card that would like a quick word with you. ;)

I know. See post 18#

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

I confirm that Amazon deliver items to Ireland and over 25GBP you get the free super saver delivery.
    I recently ordered a 24'' monitor and on another order a CPU, it usually takes not more than a 5/7 days to arrive, the only negative aspect is that you always need to calculate the price with the Irish vat.
    I also ordered a motherboard using one of their partners (avides media) and despite paying just a couple of euro extra for the delivery, it was shipped using registered post

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Acheron3

I was looking to buy these cheap speakers from amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000JCDRTU/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    Do they need to be over the GBP25 mark for free delivery to Ireland or if it says eligible for super saving shipping that is for everyone?

• Advertisement

Can I at all persuade you to get the Z323's?
    Anyway, I think the total order has to be over 25£ and shipped from Amazon's warehouses.

Advertisement