Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Hen Night

Options
  • 18-06-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi, anyone have any recommendations or ideas for activities, places to go and accomodation in Killarney for a Hen Night or Hen weekend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Sabrielle wrote: »
    Hi, anyone have any recommendations or ideas for activities, places to go and accomodation in Killarney for a Hen Night or Hen weekend? Thanks

Hey there =)
    What kind of thing are you looking to do? There is a distinct lack of non-outdoors type activities in Killarney, no bowling etc. Most of the hens you see in town seem to be going for the whole, go out and get blotto kind of approach.

There is a Killarney ghost tour, I don't know much about it other than that they have a very well painted bus (and I think the lad who runs it posts here occasionally) and they go at night (Around the 10pm mark). During the day, if you like the outdoors, there are things like jaunting car trips, or boat trips from ross castle.

There are also plenty of decent restaurants in town (I particularly recommend Treyvauds on high street). The town is full of B&Bs and hotels, although if there is a group of ye, then you might be better off renting an apartment or some other type of self catering for the weekend, might be a bit more craic. I believe the Quality hotel has apartments and some friends of mine usually stay at a place called Rookery Mews in Ballycasheen (Which is about 10-15 min walk, or 5 euro in a taxi away from town) and they highly recommend the place. They rent out private appartments that can sleep six or seven pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Theres lots of activities in Killarney... water sports, horse riding, cycling, boat trips. Fantastic Spa's which are always enjoyed for hens.
    I heard something about a booze cruise out on the lakes which might be fun :cool:

Theres lots of fab restaurants. I was at one hen party in The Granary which do special hen/stag menus and usually find yourself surrounded with other similar groups! we stayed in Scotts Hotel which was very central.

heres a link to site which have a hen package in Killarney, even just for an idea

http://www.partyfactory.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=94

Advertisement