Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limit my download speed..

• 18-06-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

I've UPC 15MB and sometimes when downloading at full speed my internet will cut off and i need to reboot the modem to get it working again..

I think (not sure) it might have something to do with downloading at full speed for a certain amount of time, If i set my download at 80% of it's speed would it stop it from knocking off ? If so how can i do this.. I use download manager to download.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

NeVeR wrote: »
    I've UPC 15MB and sometimes when downloading at full speed my internet will cut off and i need to reboot the modem to get it working again..

I think (not sure) it might have something to do with downloading at full speed for a certain amount of time, If i set my download at 80% of it's speed would it stop it from knocking off ? If so how can i do this.. I use download manager to download.

Set your Utorrent to a certain limit and check. This may or may not be causing your connection to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i dont use utorrent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I know in jdownloader you can limit the speed from rapidshare etc. so maybe try that

Advertisement