Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FCA2

Options
  • 18-06-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I searched around the forum for an answer for this but wasn't able to find one. Apologies if this has been addressed already in a previous tread.

1.) I'll be moving house in a month or two and will submit amended details for the new address with an FCA2 form. Does anyone know if this will cost another €80 per license to have processed?

2.) I own a few different rifles and shotguns, one of which is restricted. When filling in the amendment details, does anyone know if the super at the new area I'm moving to can turn around and go "oh I don't want that in my neighbourhood" and revoke my license?

I'm probably just over worrying but you never know these days with all the amendments and things going through left right and centre!

Any feedback would be absolutely great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

1.) That's not a new application, it's an amendment to an existing one so no, you don't pay €80.

2.) That's not down to the local Superintendent, but to the relevant Chief Superintendent, because restricted licences are decided on by the Chief Super, not the local Super. If, however, the Chief Superintendent changes for any particular reason, then technically yes, but it would be a bit awkward for him to do so. It'd be more likely to become an issue at renewal time.

Advertisement