Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Web volunteers for music listing site

• 18-06-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Folks, if anyone is interested in helping out with a site that covers live music listings for Limerick city please let me know.

I'm trying to promote live events and venues in the city centre, just because there's so much on that people don't seem to know about.

A little bit of computer savvy would be helpful. Probably cost you a few minutes a day.

PM me for details. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

Good response, thanks. Looks like we could be up for some crowdsourcing here! :D

More detail:
    It's a Wordpress blog frontend running the Gigpress plugin. Listings are for Limerick city centre bars/venues. Live music only, not DJs, plays, comedy, or other events. Keeping it focused at the moment.

The job involves scouring the web for listings, or preferably visiting your local pubs with a notebook and asking. Then entering the dates on the site. Simple as that.

Could take you a few minutes daily. Then we'd all benefit from each other's local knowledge.

Anyone else up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DEEMAR

Hi there, that sounds like a very interesting project. Not sure if I could help you with the website thing though! Is it more modern music you are interested in? I am part of a two-piece band and we gig locally. We do mainly 60s, 70s, 80s stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

cool mate just let us no where to leave the info.

DEEMAR wrote: »
    Hi there, that sounds like a very interesting project. Not sure if I could help you with the website thing though! Is it more modern music you are interested in? I am part of a two-piece band and we gig locally. We do mainly 60s, 70s, 80s stuff.

Um, I'm not actually hiring bands. Just making a list of who's playing where. Anything from string quartets to metal shredders to one-man and his dog. The bands do not even have to be any good--we are not endorsing the music, just neutrally advertising all live music entertainment for Limerick pubgoers.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DEEMAR

Ya, I know you're not hiring bands, I just wondered were you just interested in advertising a specific type of band. Anyway it all sounds like a really good idea because, unless the venue themselves advertise the event, there's very little exposure. If I can help you in any way, let me know. I'm not too good at web stuff, but if I can be of any other assistance, just PM me - cheers.

• Advertisement

Thanks DEEMAR. I'm putting together a document which will give some guidelines for how/where/what I need people to do for the project. Will post it soon. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Most pubs,clubs have facebook profiles and Dolans has a website. Check them out frequently, job done.

Most pubs,clubs have facebook profiles and Dolans has a website. Check them out frequently, job done.

I wish!

The actual job here is to collate all of the listings and enter those details on a single site. Also, many of the downtown music pubs do *not* publish gigs online. Take for example Foley's and Bourke's, both of which have music 4 or 5 nights a week, but no website listings. There are more places than Dolan's for music :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

bump/\

just keeping this thread alive for any new comers. as soon as you have the info on where to put the details and when and how just let us know and we can to it. im sure you wont be short volunteers.

its a great idea because if your looking to see what is on in town its really hard to find out who is playing where. almost impossible online.

Thanks guys. Been pretty busy this week--that's part of the reason I need help with this. I've been doing it on my own for a few months. I'll get back with PM's soon. Stay tuned.

• Advertisement

For those that are interested, here's the listings site: SoundMag.net and I've set up a discussion board with details.
    Please get in touch (admin@...) if you want to help out.

Oi! Where'd you all go??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

postdarwin wrote: »
    Oi! Where'd you all go??

postdarwin wrote: »
    Been pretty busy this week

everyone else may be busy THIS week... :rolleyes:

xsiborg wrote: »
    everyone else may be busy THIS week... :rolleyes:
    Lols. Just missing the earlier enthusiasm I received!

Bumping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hippidyhoppidy

http://www.limrock.net/
    dunno if you've seen this man

http://www.limrock.net/
    dunno if you've seen this man

That's more of a discussion board, I think. The format isn't very suited to gig listings. But I'll check if anyone there wants to help out.

Advertisement