Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guncrime in Athy

Options
  • 18-06-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Once again there has been another shooting incident in Athy.

I have noticed an increased Garda presence lately, notably the Divisional Armed Response Unit. Although it must be said that their presence is not much of a deterrent to the criminals involved.

It would appear that the dogs in the street in Athy know that all of these incidents and many more besides are drug related.

Ask practically anyone and they can tell you who these scum are, yet it appears that they are free to terrorise the town as and when they wish.

This scenario is prevalent in many towns nationwide.

The question is, what can be done about it and is someone going to be murdered before action is taken.

I hope for the best but realistically I fear the worst.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

With a bit of luck someone will shoot him. It's the same fella everytime. Everyone who lives around here with a bit of cop knows who it is. The cops know who it is aswell. It's only a matter of time before he's caught or someone puts a bullet in him. The old Sinn feiners around the town did it before and I wouldn't be surprised if there's someone murdered before the year is out.

The next time the guards stop me for something stupid in this town i'm going to have it out with them about this. they're terrified to go into Castle Park these days becuase they know they'll be beaten back out of it. I feel sorry for all the decent families that have to live there.

Advertisement