Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cartilage in top of ear!!

Options
  • 18-06-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Many years ago i got the top of my ear pierced with a gun(foolish i know).
    To this day years after taking out the ring there is still a lump on my ear from where the gun pierced!
    Just wondering if there is anything i can do to heal the lump?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Most likely scar tissue, you could try bio oil, zinc cream or vitamin E cream. Don't use zinc cream for an extended period, probably best trying bio oil but it is expensive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yep, bio-oil would be the best bet. Can take a while for you to notice anything but it definitely does work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I was in the same boat and I got told to massage the skin after I showered because the skin is softest then and it will gradually go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mr. Grinder

I've had a lump from that piercing too, for years now - I don't think it ever goes away tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Try massaging the lump with vitamin e oil/cream. Cheaper than Bio-Oil but does more or less the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Might be a stupid suggestion but have you visited your doctor???
    They'd probably know best what you'd need to heal it?

Advertisement