Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Question

Options
  • 18-06-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Folks,

Im a web developer/designer. Someone has asked me to do a site for them which is sales of unlocking codes, my question to the forum here is unlocking ALL makes of phones legal? They assure me everything is legit but I'm a little wary as I always thought this was a back street kinda job.

Ta in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

to the best of my knowledge there's nothing illegal about it. it's when you get into the territory of imei cloning and bypassing security codes where it gets a little grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

can anyone tel me, does an unlock code for a phone come from the factory (eg HTC) or the network? (eg 02)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

to the best of my knowledge it comes from the phone supplier (htc / nokia / sony / etc) but can only be obtained via your network (o2 / vodafone / etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Random wrote: »
    to the best of my knowledge it comes from the phone supplier (htc / nokia / sony / etc) but can only be obtained via your network (o2 / vodafone / etc).

via network, or unlock shops, or online vendors

anyone had any experience with online unlock sites? i'm planning on trying one i my htc aint unlocked when i get it, i'm using a 3v card so as to avoid getting completely ripped off but i'm curious to hear other peoples experiences

Advertisement