Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVR Cams

• 18-06-2010 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi guys does anyone know how to find a mac address for a 4 ch DVR MPEG digital recorder as im trying to set it up so i can view my cams online i have connected my lan cable to my router and to the recorder but i cant access it online

Can anyone help me out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

It should be printed somewhere on the box; if not your router may have an option for viewing attached devices; at last use an ipscan tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

monks2008 wrote: »
    Hi guys does anyone know how to find a mac address for a 4 ch DVR MPEG digital recorder as im trying to set it up so i can view my cams online i have connected my lan cable to my router and to the recorder but i cant access it online

Can anyone help me out

if you know the ip address of your camera and its communicating with your pc then if you open a command prompt and type "arp -a" without the quotes it will show you then ip to mac address table for all devices that are communicating with the pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 monks2008

if you know the ip address of your camera and its communicating with your pc then if you open a command prompt and type "arp -a" without the quotes it will show you then ip to mac address table for all devices that are communicating with the pc.
    Hi thanks for this info

I have the cams connected to the modem but it doesnt seem to be connected when i click on connected devices in the modem....i have it set to be 192.168.1.x but it wont connect....does anyone know what im doing wrong or what i need to do its really bugging me now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

If you have manually configured the DVR to use 192.168.1.x it probably won't show up in the router's list of connected devices as that is typically a list of DHCP allocations. However, you should be able to access it at 192.168.1.x using another PC on the network. To access the DVR from the internet, you'll need to find out which port it uses and set up a port forward in the router.

Which router is it?

Snowbat wrote: »
    If you have manually configured the DVR to use 192.168.1.x it probably won't show up in the router's list of connected devices as that is typically a list of DHCP allocations. However, you should be able to access it at 192.168.1.x using another PC on the network. To access the DVR from the internet, you'll need to find out which port it uses and set up a port forward in the router.

Which router is it?
    Hi snowbat its a vodafone Huawei HG556a and it says on the DVR that the port are 80, 1024-49151 and im not sure how to set up port forwarding on the modem....any help would be really appreciated

• Advertisement

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/EchoLife-HG556a/

Try with just port 80 TCP first. I don't think you'll need to add 1024-49151.
    Also note that some routers will only port forward traffic from the internet (another PC on the internal network may not be able to access the device using the *public* IP address). I usually use ShieldsUp in the Services tab on www.grc.com to confirm if a port is open from the internet side.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/EchoLife-HG556a/

Try with just port 80 TCP first. I don't think you'll need to add 1024-49151.
    Also note that some routers will only port forward traffic from the internet (another PC on the internal network may not be able to access the device using the *public* IP address). I usually use ShieldsUp in the Services tab on www.grc.com to confirm if a port is open from the internet side.
    I have folllowed the steps in this and am checking to see what ports are open but its not showing port 80 as been open......on the DVR do i need to set it to static ip or not

Some ISPs block incoming traffic to port 80 and other 'server' ports. You could remove the existing entry and add one for say port 20202 to 192.168.1.x port 80. Then check using an online tool if port 20202 of your public IP address is open.

Use a static IP for the DVR.

Can you access the DVR at http://192.168.1.x/ from another PC on the same network?

Some ISPs block incoming traffic to port 80 and other 'server' ports. You could remove the existing entry and add one for say port 20202 to 192.168.1.x port 80. Then check using an online tool if port 20202 of your public IP address is open.

Use a static IP for the DVR.

Can you access the DVR at http://192.168.1.x/ from another PC on the same network?
    ok so i long into my modem and set the port to 20202 with ip 192.168.1.x and on the DVR i put the ip type as static and put in 192.168.1.x and the port as 20202 and it should work? when i put in 192.168.1.x i get this page can not be displayed.

Advertisement