Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIOS error .... HELP !!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I don't see any error there? It seems like the bios detects the hard drive and dvd drive during post which is what I'm seeing there, does it pause at that screen for long? If you have any ipods, external hard drives etc unplug them and try booting again if its spending long at this point,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

well not error as such but uno !

Ya it stays like that for about 10 mins , I just have boot from hard drive to avoid waiting for this !

Why is it telling me everytime I log on though ?

Cheers

well not error as such but uno !

Ya it stays like that for about 10 mins , I just have boot from hard drive to avoid waiting for this !

Why is it telling me everytime I log on though ?

Cheers

Ahh ok man, when you said error I immediately thought there was a problem! I would try unplugging all other devices, usb etc, SATA devices bar the hard disk and see if it speeds up then, also IDE (PATA) devices that you might have, is the motherboard old? It shouldnt matter but it could be due to the fact its a SATA-300 drive but that shouldnt make a difference as there backwards compatible, also go into the BIOs options and look for SATA legacy mode, see what happens with that (You may have to change from SATA or AHCI mode to legacy mode)

Good luck :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

no just annoying !!

Its an xps 210 so its not that old .. few years !!

SO how do i go about going into the BIOs options ?

so will I plug out the cd/dvd drive and that aswell as all usb devices ?

cheers !!

no just annoying !!

Its an xps 210 so its not that old .. few years !!

SO how do i go about going into the BIOs options ?

so will I plug out the cd/dvd drive and that aswell as all usb devices ?

cheers !!

Not sure in Dell machines man, usually its under chipset options or advanced chipset options or advanced bios etc, it will vary from bios to bios, I'd try unplugging all cd/dvd/usb etc devices leaving just the hard disk attached, if it goes quick then its something else causing the delay

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement