Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSI New York Fans will be disappointed

Options
  • 18-06-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey there to all csi ny fans. just letting you know that the show may no longer be broadcasted on RTE 2 anymore.
    I emailed rte back in january enquiring as to why it hadn't started and they replied in email that it should be beginning in february.
    emailed them three days ago and they told me that it wasnt on this years line up.
    Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

f**k sake thats rte for ya, what series were rte showing last year and where else can we watch it?thanks for the info.anyone know where law and order uk is gone i saw a few on i think tv3 but just stoped? i hate when rte/tv3 do this and not letting anyone know:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I kinda thought the new season would start back once CSI Miami's current season is over on RTE 2 :( its a shame RTE can should plenty of rubbish repeats countless times over and over again :mad:

They have shown a few repeat episodes lately

Hallmark are showing the show now from the start

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lorcanot

yeah in regards to the repeat episodes i thought they were definitely gonna show it but RTE have gone and f***ed it up again. its season six and i only found out last week that it was on Channel 5 in january but i dont have it and the season is over or nearly over. so it'll prob be dvd or multi-download :(

Have just found out that it definitely wont be on rte 2 this yer. that rubbish show criminal minds, the mentalist and rescue me have been purchased to replace it.

yet again rte have failed there viewers to the point where i for one will not watch there channels anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

dont watch rte a whole lot anyway just for the odd show,i will have to buy series 6 now and start watching it on 5 for the new series if you have sky you can put channel 5 up on your channels,you will finds the codes somewhere on boards i'am sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

lorcanot wrote: »
    Have just found out that it definitely wont be on rte 2 this yer. that rubbish show criminal minds, the mentalist and rescue me have been purchased to replace it.
    All three are superior shows in my opinion - good job RTE :D
    yet again rte have failed there viewers to the point where i for one will not watch there channels anymore.
    Did they say why it was cancelled? If nobody was watching it, and it had had a good time slot, then they're not at too much fault.

cheked the ratings and csi ny had the highest on the day every day it was shown. im pretty sure theyve just spent too much on the more ridiculous shows mentioned before. not one of them could compete with csi ny in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

rte always seemed to show the csi shows so what drop ny :confused:

why the hell do rte buy the us shows that are cancelled :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think this would be terrible, did anyone see the CSI New York in the States recently
    where Shane Casey evaded death and was holding the baby in the apartment
    - i NEED to see a follow up on that in the new season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

CSI New York will be back next month. It's part of their 'entertainment in July' ad, that they're running at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Hey there to all csi ny fans. just letting you know that the show may no longer be broadcasted on RTE 2 anymore.
    I emailed rte back in january enquiring as to why it hadn't started and they replied in email that it should be beginning in february.
    emailed them three days ago and they told me that it wasnt on this years line up.
    Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on this!

Bizarre, prob not that many fans of CSI NY. I am guessing for some bizarre reason RTÉ are replacing each season of CSI franchise consecutively. i.e. CSI Miami, replace by CSI when it finishes, and when CSI finishes to be replaced by CSI NY which won't be until January.

Of course RTÉ may not have got the memo about the CSI link up this season :rolleyes:

TBH I feel that the CSI franchise has got way out of hand. But not only that its on nearly every channel.
    CSI New York will be back next month. It's part of their 'entertainment in July' ad, that they're running at the moment.

Very strange.

If you could get me a link to see this i'd gladly stand correcetd but this is the email i recieved when i started this thread

Hi

Our update earlier this month was that there are still no plans for it in the RTÉ Two schedule.

Kind Regards
    Brigitte Murphy
    RTÉ Information-Communications

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Neberkenezer

who watches anything on rte??? thats what downloading is for ... no adverts :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

If you could get me a link to see this i'd gladly stand correcetd

Well, I can't link you to it, because I only saw it on tv. I saw the ad about 5 times today during the football. It's definitely back in July, trust me.

Well, I can't link you to it, because I only saw it on tv. I saw the ad about 5 times today during the football. It's definitely back in July, trust me.

I saw it too, all CSI are mentioned on it.

But it a new season or repeats?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Who cares?...it's the weakest of the CSI franchise, imo.

Who cares?...it's the weakest of the CSI franchise, imo.

No the original CSI without Grissom is

Mac Taylor rules :p

^ !!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No the original CSI without Grissom is

Mac Taylor rules :p

You are both wrong the weakest is Miami.

• Advertisement

I emailed RTE and they responsed that Season 6 of CSI NY starts 21/07/2010 21.55 on RTE2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

CSI NY FTW, it's pretty much the only one I watch now.

More reasons to be dissapointed, guess who's leaving the show?

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/csi-ny-melina-kanakaredes-leave.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/csi-ny-melina-kanakaredes-leave.html
    heard that, not a hugh loss, i hate that liz vassey (wendy simms) is leaving CSI, who will hodges fantasise about now, or maybe theyll get together and she moves off his shift, ya i would like that,

also CSI Vegas is the most watched television show in the world, and has won that award 3 outta the last 5 years, the other two were house last year, and CSI Miami in 2006,

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/06/csi-the-worlds-most-watched-show.html

Its a shame she is leaving I always hoped she would get with Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

season 6 off csi new york starts next week on rte 2. this is the new season

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Did I miss a CSI NY season finale on RTE last week? I see that CSI Las Vegas is on instead of it tonight :confused:

Did I miss a CSI NY season finale on RTE last week? I see that CSI Las Vegas is on instead of it tonight :confused:

Yep series finale was on last week

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yep series finale was on last week

Damn!! :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement