Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing gas in bbq

• 18-06-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey

I am trying to remove the gas bottle on a newish BBQ but it does not seem to be like the regular ones (a few people have tried so I don't think I'm being stupid!)

can anyone advise? Or how to cut off the nozzle and replace it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Could you take a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Left-hand thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Take a pic... or push the gas button in if its on the side of the regulator...

Lidl bbq's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

If it is the one with a grey gas bottle then the nozzle is disconnected by pressing the "on-off" flick switch inwards towards nozzle. The flick switch is normally on the side of the red nozzle. It doesn't look at first that it is what you should be pressing, but it is what you press to release the nozzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Hey,

Sorry I had posted that from my iphone and it wouldnt allow me to put up any images.

Here are some images of it, it is a €400 woodies BBQ, not Lidl.

Any help is appreciated, tis the season to be BBQing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Thats a propane unit, so it works at a higher pressure than butane. That the regulator is a screw on attachment, and not a push on one like the regular ones.

Propane regulators are reverse thread, so when you are trying to loosen the nut, its the opposite direction from the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

engrish? wrote: »
    Hey,

Sorry I had posted that from my iphone and it wouldnt allow me to put up any images.

Here are some images of it, it is a €400 woodies BBQ, not Lidl.

Any help is appreciated, tis the season to be BBQing

My apologies that was not ment as a slagging. Just that they are a little different. I think its a screw on as well. If its not try pushing in the black on off button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,761 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There's a little metal button below the on off lever, it can be very very stiff, just push it hard, and it should pop off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

turn the black knob up and push it in, you ll hear it click then pull the red regulator up,

Advertisement