Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everyone knows Bob

Options
  • 18-06-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Bob was the kind of guy that was always bragging about knowing famous people. One day his friend Leon decided he was sick of this and challenged Bob to prove it.

"I don't believe that you really know Matt Damon, so prove it to me!" says Leon.

Now Bob isn't someone to walk away from a challenge, so he agrees to settle it once and for all by bring Leon to meet him.

Leon says "I tell ya what, let's make this interesting. I'll bet you €10,000, that you don't know Matt Damon."

Bob: "OK, You have a deal."

So, they run out back and hop on Bob's jet plane and take off towards Hollywood. As they are circling preparing to land, Bob points out Charleton Heston's place and several others. When they finally get to Matt Damon's house, Bob rings the doorbell and the butler answers.

"Is Matt in?" Bob asks.

"Who may I say is calling" returns the butler.

"Just tell him Bob is here," replies Bob.

The Butler turns and closes the door. In a few minutes, to Leon's astonishment, Matt Damon himself comes barreling out the door and wraps himself around Bob.

"Bob!! How in the world are you? How have you been?"

They spend a good while laughing and catching up on old times, and then they take their leave.

On the way back to the airplane, Leon turns to Bob. "Okay, you win that one. So you know Matt Damon. But I bet I can come up with someone you don't know."

"Okay, shoot."

"I'll bet you don't know Bill Clinton."

"Man, Bill and I are old buddies!"

"No way. Double or nothing you don't know Bill Clinton."

"It's a deal. I'll take you to him right now."

So, Bob and Leon head for Bill's house. When they arrive, Bob speaks to the butler and asks him if Bill is in.

'Who's asking'

"Just tell him Bob's out here."

The butler disappears, but in a few seconds out comes Bill, with a big smile and his arms open wide.

"Bob! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?"

They laugh and talk about old times for a while. Leon is simply dumbfounded. Later, back in the airplane, Leon asks for one last chance.

"Look, Bob, I'm about €30,000 in the red. Give me one last shot, and I will think of someone I am CERTAIN you cannot know."

"Okay, buddy. I'm just making a lot of money off of you, but you can have one last chance."

"Okay. I know there is absolutely no way that you can know the pope."

Bob bursts into laughter. "Man, the pope and I have known each other for years. We're old college
    chums."
    "There is absolutely no way. You cannot know the pope."

So, Bob turns the plane and they head for Rome. They arrive at the Vatican, and Bob stops Leon. "Now, you will have to wait out here. The security here is very high. They know me, so they'll let me in, but you will have to stay out here. So, will it be good enough for you if the pope and I come walking out on the balcony arm in arm, smiling and laughing, and we pick you out of the crowd and wave at you?"

Leon thinks a minute and replies, "Yeah, that will be great."

"Okay, stand out here, right in the center of the crowd here in the court, so we can find you."

Bob enters the Vatican, and presently he and the pope appear out on the balcony, arms around one another, smiling and laughing. They search the crowd, and Bob points to Leon, and they smile and wave.

Leon smiles and waves, but in the next instant he faints dead away. Bob, alarmed, excuses himself from the pope and goes running down to Leon. As Bob approaches, he grabs Leon and begins shaking him. "Leon, Leon, are you okay?"

Leon opens his eyes and says, "I was okay when you knew Matt Damon.

And I could even handle it when you knew Bill Clinton.
    But when I was standing there waving at y'all, and the guy standing next to me in the crowd asked
    'Who's that guy in the white robe standing next to Bob?', I just couldn't take it anymore!"

Advertisement