Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a jeweler that'll clean my wedding ring?

Options
  • 18-06-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

Preferably for free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CAMILEO

Yes i have a friend that makes jewellary i can ask if you like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

dip wet tissue in ashtray
    coat with ash, not too much ash just a bit
    rub ring gently with lightly ash coated wet tissue , try the inside first to get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

My wife uses toothpaste to clean hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Trying to give us unlucky singles a dig are we:D /jokes

I don't know who will do it for free but you're right to get it done properly.
    Some home cleaning methods can damage the ring over time..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The one in cross street (opposite where Bagel place used to be) do my wifes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Xiney, if you're interested I have an ultrasonic bath you can borrow.

It's a brilliant yokey, lifts the grime out from behind the stones making them super sparkly. I use it on all my jewelry etc. You can have it for a while if you want to clean some more stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Xiney, if you're interested I have an ultrasonic bath you can borrow.

It's a brilliant yokey, lifts the grime out from behind the stones making them super sparkly. I use it on all my jewelry etc. You can have it for a while if you want to clean some more stuff.

Aw, thanks! I really only have two pieces of jewelry though, haha. Would that I did have a whole box full of stuff that needed cleaning ;)

I think I'm sorted, someone let me know of where I can go in and get it done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

band.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Das Kitty; be careful with the ultrasonic. While it's fine for diamond set pieces, make sure never to put emeralds, pearl, opal or turquiose through i, as it can do them a lot of damage.

There should be a list of stones to avoid in the paperwork that came with the machine.

Also check your jewellery after you take it out to make sure it hasn't dislodged a stone.

Advertisement