Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1980's: Cartoon 'bus' at the Crescent

Options
  • 18-06-2010 8:34pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else remember this from the late 80's. A plastic 'bus' that could sit 4-6 kids with a tv screen up front that played cartoons for 20/50p. It was Warner Bros and had Foghorn Leghorn, Tweety Bird, Bugs Bunny, Road Runner and maybe Daffy Duck or Speedy Gonzales. It was in the central 'square' area near the Quinnsworth entrance.

My brother and I worked out how to make it play for free by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. Though that made them all play in sequence so we ended up seeing the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons at the start many, many times and the last two only once when our parents had a lot of shopping to do.

I was telling my Dublin husband and friends about it last week and none of them can believe that such a wonder existed and were a little peeved not to have had one in their shopping centres.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

yes i remember this..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

I have a vague recollection.. but I only remember a two seater! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

I've seen a similar sounding unit... in an adult shop in london!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Kids and LSD - Not the bad combination People might assume.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

My god i remember that too but had completely forgotten about it.
    Wow that is a blast from the past

• Advertisement
Advertisement