Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy payment

Options
  • 18-06-2010 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi
    I just checking that any one know how they paying out money belonging to us????
    I'm mind that i called 1890 808090 and they told me that my claim was passed to be pay out 2 weeks ago so i asked when i will recive my money(cheque) and they told me that they don't know could be in next week or week after nexo or 4weeks??!!!
    Did any one recived payment of them??
    I was made rudundant 27/09/2009 they recived my claim in october 2009 and i still waiting:eek:
    thanks for any replys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

currently working on redundancy for my exemployees and the website claims that they are currently working on october/November 09 claims now. so they are only working on them the decision has not been decided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 luke28

currently working on redundancy for my exemployees and the website claims that they are currently working on october/November 09 claims now. so they are only working on them the decision has not been decided.
    ok thank you
    do you know how long will take to send the cheque to me if they made decision allready...??

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

If the company went into liquidation, then they do not send the cheque to you, they send to the liquidator, who may deduct tax / prsi etc.

You should check with them also.

ghosttown wrote: »
    If the company went into liquidation, then they do not send the cheque to you, they send to the liquidator, who may deduct tax / prsi etc.

OK
    but i was told from people from NERA that those cheques will be send to me (lump sum claim)
    LIQuidator recived only cheques from them for the wages witch one he owns us for work and couldn't pay them....beacouse he vent to liquidation:mad: deduct tax ??!!?? so far i know that payment is tax FREE 100%,,,prsi for what if i don't working 11 months for him......
    so i don't know enymore i give up:mad:
    did any one recived already lump sum claim???if yes so how that look ??????thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Statutory redundancy is tax-free and the cheque is sent directly to the employee, not the administrator.

• Advertisement

Sorry, above is correct, statutory goes direct to you. However, if you are due pay in lieu of notice, holiday pay, back pay etc, this goes to the administrator.

So you may find you are due 2 payments. Ring entemp with your PPS number, they normally can respond over the phone. There are 2 sections to look for, the redundancy section, and the insolvency section, both cheques do not necessarily process at same time. Go to entemp.ie and get the number, you won't be waiting more than 10 min for an update.

Sorry, above is correct, statutory goes direct to you. However, if you are due pay in lieu of notice, holiday pay, back pay etc, this goes to the administrator.

So you may find you are due 2 payments. Ring entemp with your PPS number, they normally can respond over the phone. There are 2 sections to look for, the redundancy section, and the insolvency section, both cheques do not necessarily process at same time. Go to entemp.ie and get the number, you won't be waiting more than 10 min for an update.

I rang to them today and i was told that my claim was processed to be payed out;) buuuut when that happen they don't know beacouse some difrent dept will pay does money......??!!!?????

Well based on that response from them, I would say just hang in there. You're approved and it's with the finance department. Frustrating I know, but they have their own backlog to deal with.
    You should have your cheque within 2 weeks I reckon.

Best of luck with it !

any monies within the company goes to the liquidator. If the staff still remain unpaid after the liquidator has done his job the application for missing pay can be made to the insolvency fund. This is taxed and can only be applied for after the liquidation process has been completed.

Thank You !!!!!
    For all reply's ,so now i just have to be patient and wait ;)
    Att the moment i waitng early 11 months when i recive my money i lett you know;)i hope before christmas I should get it..............................................................

• Advertisement

any monies within the company goes to the liquidator. If the staff still remain unpaid after the liquidator has done his job the application for missing pay can be made to the insolvency fund. This is taxed and can only be applied for after the liquidation process has been completed.

Not true, an application can be made to the insolvency fund on the same day the Administrator (Liquidator/Receiver/etc.) is appointed.

The DETI become a creditor for the amount paid to the employees, so if there is money left after the liquidation it is paid to the DETI.

Did any one know phone number for department of enterprise trade and employment(lump sum claims) not for NIRA;)
    I would like to ring and ask when I'll recive my money,NIRA don't know they advice my to right the letter to lump sum claim dept in dublin 2(i send 3 letters already) but I never get any answer of them!?
    Maybe some one know where I have to ring to get this information??????
    Thanks

Newaglish wrote: »
    Not true, an application can be made to the insolvency fund on the same day the Administrator (Liquidator/Receiver/etc.) is appointed.

The DETI become a creditor for the amount paid to the employees, so if there is money left after the liquidation it is paid to the DETI.

sorry should have said when appointed only read back what i posted now silly...

luke28 wrote: »
    Did any one know phone number for department of enterprise trade and employment(lump sum claims) not for NIRA;)
    I would like to ring and ask when I'll recive my money,NIRA don't know they advice my to right the letter to lump sum claim dept in dublin 2(i send 3 letters already) but I never get any answer of them!?
    Maybe some one know where I have to ring to get this information??????
    Thanks

Hey there,

If you call 01 6312121 it will put you through to DETI. There are two relevant departments, Insolvency Payments (for arrears of wages/holiday pay/minimum notice) and Redundancy Payments (for lump sum claims). Unfortunately Redundancy Payments no longer take phone calls and it is all handled by the incredibly unhelpful NERA. NERA is essentially a call centre with people who a) don't know anything and b) can't do anything other than advising you to write directly to redundancy payments.

If you have a direct line for someone in redundancy payments they also won't answer the telephone. So there's not much you can do I'm afraid!

Have you tried sending a registered letter?

Newaglish wrote: »
    Hey there,

If you call 01 6312121 it will put you through to DETI. There are two relevant departments, Insolvency Payments (for arrears of wages/holiday pay/minimum notice) and Redundancy Payments (for lump sum claims). Unfortunately Redundancy Payments no longer take phone calls and it is all handled by the incredibly unhelpful NERA. NERA is essentially a call centre with people who a) don't know anything and b) can't do anything other than advising you to write directly to redundancy payments.

If you have a direct line for someone in redundancy payments they also won't answer the telephone. So there's not much you can do I'm afraid!

Have you tried sending a registered letter?

No i send them by normal post,do You think registered letter can change anything???
    Any way I'll send one tomorrow;)
    Thank You

I send register letter today,
    Now again have to wait but i think they recived my previous letter so i have verrrrrrry small chance to get the answer of them.....
    I heard that money for lump sum claims are paid on a quarterly basis-That's true???If yes when is next payment month???

Any one know how I can change my address on which they will send my cheque????I was told that I have to wright the letter to dept..with the new address BUT i have absolutly no centrainty that they will send my cheque on new address!!!??!!!
    What i have to do??I'll be moving out end of july.......Please advise my what i have to do???
    Thank You!!!!!

Make sure you're registered on the revenue.ie website under PAYE anytime. They will send to the address you have registered there.

Thank You
    I'm registered in Paye for long time if I'll change my address in revenue? that enough to do ??or betterr when I'll send registered letter to dept. as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Any luck with your payment yet Luke? I am waiting for a payment as well. Pretty similar story to you. After applying for it almost 1 year ago, the latest news I got (2 weeks ago)was that it has been passed for payment in the Redundancy Payments section, so I WILL get the cheque. But I have no idea when. When I rang NERA and enquired, the girl on the phone said it could be Christmas before the cheque is posted. I asked her was she being serious, and she said she just didn't know when my cheque will be posted.
    Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the cheque to be posted after it's been cleared for payment? Surely it can't be another 5 months (as the NERA person said it could possibly be) !!! I know it's been asked before, just seeing if there's any update since the last post here!
    It's very frustrating, as it is for everyone waiting on redundancy claims. I'm unemployed now and need the money badly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sorry, just approved that last post there now, it must have slipped by unnoticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 mammamia08

I would be very interested in this - i was on to nera they received my application for statutory on 13th of Jan "10 which they are currently working on - so i presumed i would get my cheque in the nest couple of weeks. is this not the case?

Advertisement