Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    I'd prefer to have Keatley in there on the bench instead of O'Gara. Although these internationals are only test games, i'd like to see Keatley getting match time before the 6nations campaign.

Why Keatley rather than Jackson or Madigan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    I'd prefer to have Keatley in there on the bench instead of O'Gara. Although these internationals are only test games, i'd like to see Keatley getting match time before the 6nations campaign.

Massively unlikely we lose and Scotland win for rankings sake but these SA and Argentina games are not only test games, they are important imo.

I would have Jackson ahead of Keatley atm too. Keatley has been good in 1/2 positions but Jackson has been very good when playing 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Think Chris Saverimutto was of Indian origins.
    This should answer all questions about Chris.
    http://www.britishandirishrugbylegends.com/profileChrisSaverimutto.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

It's also good to see that youngster on the wing for Munster getting a place on the bench ahead of older players. Munster fans have been raving about him this season and I'm sure Deccie has taken notice at last with an eye for the future - one Donnacha O'Callaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Why Keatley rather than Jackson or Madigan??

I would have any of the three of them if only to make sure that at 60 minutes We don't see Darcy coming off and Sexton being moved to first centre and O'Gara coming on to "guide us home".

Of the three I think Jackson would have the strongest case given that he is playing week in week out.

• Advertisement

MLC61 wrote: »
    I would have any of the three of them if only to make sure that at 60 minutes We don't see Darcy coming off and Sexton being moved to first centre and O'Gara coming on to "guide us home".

Of the three I think Jackson would have the strongest case given that he is playing week in week out.

Well, Keatley is playing week-in, week-out too although he's been pushed to 15 and 12 at times.

I think Jackson has the strongest case simply because he's the best player and is in the best form. I like Keatley and everything, but Jackson has a real touch of class.

I would have any of the three of them if only to make sure that at 60 minutes Dracy comes off and Sexton is moved to first centre and O'Gara comes on to "guide us home".

Is that really biting your nose to spite your face. Moving sexton to 12 is idiocy. Plain and simple idiocy. He is a 10 and DK and a few pundits spout it to justify selections. When fit Darcy is a fine 12. How about keep sexton at 10 and play the best centre partnership available earls/cave with darcy and another on form 12. If ROG is to come on swap for sexton don't f up the centre partnership too. Really bugs me and will hinder Sextons Lions selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

I don't have the time at the moment.

Pity! They're always good for getting the anticipation levels up! :)

I'd do one but I don't really know enough about all the South African players to give a proper, detailed preview.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

ssaye wrote: »
    Is that really biting your nose to spite your face. Moving sexton to 12 is idiocy. Plain and simple idiocy. He is a 10 and DK and a few pundits spout it to justify selections. When fit Darcy is a fine 12. How about keep sexton at 10 and play the best centre partnership available earls/cave with darcy and another on form 12. If ROG is to come on swap for sexton don't f up the centre partnership too. Really bugs me and will hinder Sextons Lions selection.

Had spotted my mistake and changed it.

• Advertisement

Had spotted my mistake and changed it.

Im terrible for clicking submit too quick. Fair play. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I'd do one but I don't really know enough about all the South African players to give a proper, detailed preview.

Go for it dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The next person to mention/hint/suggest bias towards Munster/Leinster/Ulster/Connacht/Taranaki will be getting a week ban to cool off.

Further more, the next person to use the phrase 'You must not watch a lot of rugby' or paraphrases something similar will also be dealt with harshly. This window is hard enough for us to MOD, cheap shots are not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2012/1108/344750-coaching-notes-ireland-v-south-africa/

McQuilkin's analysis is always a highlight of the international windows

+1, he's by far my favourite pundit. He concentrates on tactics and is usually on the money.

What's he doing now adays? I'd love to see him as a defensive coach for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

McQuilkin is coaching in NZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

goreyguy wrote: »
    McQuilkin is coaching in NZ

Where abouts?

jamie-heaslip-24112010-2-230x150.jpg

Errol Flynn. Actor and Hollywood legend.

Errol-Flynn-9297594-1-402.jpg

Jamie Heaslip. Irish No. 8 and Captain.

Swiwi wrote: »
    jamie-heaslip-24112010-2-230x150.jpg

Errol Flynn. Actor and Hollywood legend.

Errol-Flynn-9297594-1-402.jpg

Jamie Heaslip. Irish No. 8 and Captain.
    Apparently Clark is the look Clark-Gable-225x300.jpg

ssaye wrote: »
    Apparently Clark is the look Clark-Gable-225x300.jpg

Well, I hope It Happens One Afternoon for Heaslip when Ireland meet SA this Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeebo

Did you hit R by mistake or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

.ak wrote: »
    The next person to mention/hint/suggest bias towards Munster/Leinster/Ulster/Connacht/Taranaki will be getting a week ban to cool off.

Further more, the next person to use the phrase 'You must not watch a lot of rugby' or paraphrases something similar will also be dealt with harshly. This window is hard enough for us to MOD, cheap shots are not needed.

Any chance you could keep "mod" in lower case? I scanned that and nearly had a heart attack thinking Mick O'Driscoll was back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Heading along Saturday, any idea how the tickets are selling? Is it a sell out? Hopefully the atmosphere is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Heading along Saturday, any idea how the tickets are selling? Is it a sell out? Hopefully the atmosphere is decent.

They say about 48,000 tickets have been sold but that includes tickets distributed to the clubs.
    I know that quite a lot of clubs are having major difficulties shifting their allocations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Hopefully the IRFU won't send that pillock with the microphone out before kick-off trying to get the crowd going and encouraging us all to sing 'the Fields'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Swiwi wrote: »
    Where abouts?
    Mainly Taupo but is also doing some representitive coaching with selection from NZ Heartlands comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Hopefully the IRFU won't send that pillock with the microphone out before kick-off trying to get the crowd going and encouraging us all to sing 'the Fields'.

I hate this encouragement malarkey, the crowd will sing if the team are performing to the standards the crowd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

5.30 kick off so the crowed should be well oiled! Hope the team give us something to cheer about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

If you're at the game, a 360FanPic will be taken 8 minutes before half-time.
    Smile! :)

Did you hit R by mistake or am I missing something?

It's the Doppler Effect. That's the sound he makes as he speeds past you. The eee noise becomes an 'er' for a split second when he's closest to you. Once you hear the back of that 're' sound though, you know you're dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

JustinDee wrote: »
    If you're at the game, a 360FanPic will be taken 8 minutes before half-time.
    Smile! :)

This is always good craic, had a good laugh at the last one I was in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement