Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Probably a good indication that Court will be playing in Italy on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Tox56 wrote: »
    Is Court not in the squad?

I thought he wasn't, open to correction though

McFadden will do fine on the wing against Fiji, but hopefully he gets moved to 12 inside Cave at some point, and Zebo will come onto the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Only two looseheads in the squad so no choice really. Although I agree on Ross

Is Court injured?

JF100 wrote: »

PS: As an aside; I've heard (on good authority) that DK "has lost the changing room.." (after Test I in NZ...)

Sigh.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Cant have too many complaints with that side, Hurley and Muldoon are stop gaps due to injury. Not happy with Murray starting though, its almost like Kidneys afraid to start somebody else in case they force his hand by putting in a strong performance. I think its fair to say that at this stage the 9 jersey is not open to competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

JF100 wrote: »
    PS: As an aside; I've heard (on good authority) that DK "has lost the changing room.." (after Test I in NZ...)
    Utter rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Think its a bit mad to be starting Ross. Why not give Bent a good run with Ross to steady the ship if we need it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Given what happened to the Fiji scrum at Twickenham, if we started Bent but needed Ross to come on to "steady the ship" there's a good chance Bent would never be playing for Ireland again. You would hope he would be well able to handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

meh, same sh1te different day

• Advertisement

good to see Marshall on the bench.

Good team.

Basically the team I would have picked except
    Zebo for Hurley
    O'Halloran @ 11
    Gilroy @14
    POM @ 7
    Muldoon @ 6
    Henderson in 2nd row for DOC.

So a couple of movements and a fresh face away from being spot on.

Not Bad Kidders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Backline of P Marshall, Sexton, Gilroy, L Marshall, Cave, McFadden and Zebo late in the game would be fun to watch I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Teferi wrote: »
    Think its a bit mad to be starting Ross. Why not give Bent a good run with Ross to steady the ship if we need it?
    +1. Mike Ross seems to have to play every game. Maybe they are trying to help him lose weight by playing him in every international.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

shuffol wrote: »
    Cant have too many complaints with that side, Hurley and Muldoon are stop gaps due to injury. Not happy with Murray starting though, its almost like Kidneys afraid to start somebody else in case they force his hand by putting in a strong performance. I think its fair to say that at this stage the 9 jersey is not open to competition.

It might have more to so with an extremely inexperienced 10/11/12/13, but jumping to inane conclusions is probably the easiest thing to do.

Surprised there has been no mention of Kidney's sickening Ulster bias. Five Ulster players to be capped in the space of a week...

Surprised there has been no mention of Kidney's sickening Ulster bias. Five Ulster players to be capped in the space of a week...

About ****ing Time

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Capped in an 'A' Game?

It might have more to so with an extremely inexperienced 10/11/12/13, but jumping to inane conclusions is probably the easiest thing to do.

This is an uncapped game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

This is a strange game as originally it was billed as an A game but relatively quick after it was changed to an Ireland XV game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

.ak wrote: »
    This is an uncapped game.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Except Henderson's cap is the only one that counts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I'd have played Paul Marshall...give him a go. But at least he's the type of player who should make an impact from the bench.

Excited about Jackson, Marshall, Cave, Henderson, Kilcoyne...all good selections.

People criticising the Hurley selection...I'd have picked Henshaw, but he wasn't in the squad so what can ya do.

I'd have probably gone with TOH ahead of McFadden.

And why is Ross playing?? We're going to end up ****ing him up by playing him when we don't need to.

Really can't wait to see what Jackson can do at 10 though.

meh, same sh1te different day

In what sense, there's not much wrong with that selection

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Scioch wrote: »
    Backline of P Marshall, Sexton, Gilroy, L Marshall, Cave, McFadden and Zebo late in the game would be fun to watch I'd say.

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing PJ in an Ireland XV I must admit I would like to see Sexton and Marshall linking up in midfield, I think that could be quite a creative 10/12 pairing and it may well be our 10-12 axis by the time the 2013 AIs come around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

+1. Mike Ross seems to have to play every game. Maybe they are trying to help him lose weight by playing him in every international.

Helps to have one experienced player in the front row. Thats why Hayes was used a lot in the early part of Healy's career with Ireland.

Munster do that the whole time - usually starting BJ with Kilcoyne & Wian with Archer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Why isn't this a full international? It's kinda insulting to Fiji that we're not awarding caps is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Who mentioned a Munster bias, and I'm sure that Murrays dozen or so caps of experience(most of them poor in an Ireland shirt) will prove invaluable in a non cap international against a very poor Fiji side.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Why isn't this a full international? It's kinda insulting to Fiji that we're not awarding caps is it not?

Full internationals can only take place in the avivia

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

jm08 wrote: »
    Helps to have one experienced player in the front row. Thats why Hayes was used a lot in the early part of Healy's career with Ireland.

Munster do that the whole time - usually starting BJ with Kilcoyne & Wian with Archer.

And if Ross picks up a knock that keeps him out of the Argentina game we have the prospect of Archer on the bench??

Fiji were really really poor in the scrum against England, if Bent is in any way decent he should be able to handle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Aviva Stadium sponsorship deal requires all irish based international matches to be at the Aviva Stadium.

Given the alarming rate the national team is going backwards and the lack of interest in watching them they had to switch this stadium to TP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Fishooks12 wrote: »

Full internationals can only take place in the avivia

I wasn't aware of that, seems like a bizarre rule to me.

Edit: I see another poster has explained it's down to sponsorship.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement