Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd imagine he's posting to show the work that Rala does and that it's just simply opening the kit bag and telling the lads to get their jerseys out it (as my old coach used to do!).

I can't make out any sensitive info from those points you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

leakyboots wrote: »
    Why Heaslip would even consider posting this (Rala's list) ...

Because it has a lovely filter in fairness.

Rala is the one person I'd love to meet in the Irish setup. Sounds like a gas man all together. Mad for his tea too.

Someone should tell Rala that he's written hangers twice. (21 & 31)

That's probably the sensitive information Heaslip was giving the Argentinians.

Clearly means that Hanger On'er #1 ROG, and Hanger On'er #2 D'Arcy are starting.

It's 'Hangers' and 'Langers'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Tox56 wrote: »
    Or maybe it doesn't and that's why he posted it

Maybe it doesn't, that's why I didn't say it was sensitive.

Whether it's something the captain of the national team should be putting up, that was my query, you'd imagine stuff like that should stay in camp.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Maybe it doesn't, that's why I didn't say it was sensitive.

Whether it's something the captain of the national team should be putting up, that was my query, you'd imagine stuff like that should stay in camp.

Implied-Facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

http://instagram.com/p/SOgSTjj__v/

2c5f2e48329211e286531231381521a2_7.jpg

Why Heaslip would even consider posting this (Rala's list) is beyond me. Could have sensitive info on it if you read certain points (#25, #36, #37) certain ways.

Agree with leakyboots on the sensitive information. Or maybe it is deliberate from Heaslip and he is giving us a heads up. If you think about points 6, 9, 13, 25, and 39 a little, it looks like he has let the Kidney resignation plans out of the bag. Surely just a contingency though. I presume shelved if Ireland get the win, though it is unclear on that point. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

The fact that hangars comes up twice is massively significant .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Sensitive info? I doubt the argies will get much of an advantage from knowing how many bottles of powerade the Irish team will have Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Higher wrote: »
    I'm not a hypocrite, when Leinster were thrashing everyone last season I called for a majority Leinster team, now that its Ulster I believe that the Ulster guys should be started en bloc. Not only is that backline the best one, its also the future.

There's certainly a strong argument for that 11-14 combination. True, Marshall, Cave and Gilroy were up against very poor opposition; but nevertheless they combined very nicely. Let's piggyback off the Ulster form and get them in there.

Sure, you could put Zebo on the wing, but then you'd still be filling a gap at fullback. And Earls, for me, still hasn't shown he's an international 13. I think he has all the potential, but just hasn't shown the composure at Test level (whereas he's been far, far better at 13 at provincial level).

No Jackson? Such bias.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Heaslip is aiding the secret Argentinian plan to kidnap Rala,meaning the team will have no kit and they'll have to forfeit.Great job Leakyboots,you've saved our skin by exposing Heaslip as the waste of space he is yet again:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Who's ruth? (#18)

I'd imagine its Ruth Wood Martin, the nutritionist. May just be a reminder that he needs to consult with her on what to bring.

Could mean she has to be transported to the game in a bag because she's pretty small

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

Higher wrote: »

Anyway, back on topic this is my team for next week.

1.Healy
    2.Strauss
    3.Ross
    4.Ryan
    5.McCarthy
    6.Henderson
    7.Henry
    8.Heaslip
    9.Reddan
    10.Sexton
    11.Gilroy
    12.Marshall
    13.Cave
    14.Bowe
    15.Zebo

That's the starting 15 I'd go for as well. Possibly Earls instead of Zebo at fullback, but Marshall/Cave in the centre and Henderson at 6.

I think everyone can accept that Fiji were poor, etc. etc., but at the same time talent & potential still stand out despite the level of opposition. As an example of this, I don't see many people advocating Hurley to be bumped up to 15 for this game... or even McFadden, Jackson, Tuohy, etc. despite all having good games.

The difference is that the centres & 6 are positions that are genuinely now up for grabs because the incumbents haven't nailed their positions down with recent performances. Therefore, if an alternative player shows the potential to be better than the current starter, they deserve their chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

1. Healy
    2. Strauss
    3. Ross
    4. McCarthy
    5. Ryan
    6. Henderson
    7. Henry
    8. Heaslip
    9. Reddan
    10. Sexton
    11. Zebo
    12. Marshall
    13. Cave
    14. Bowe
    15. Earls

The only position I'm torn on is POM and Henderson, I'd go with Henderson just to see how he steps up against quality opposition. Ideally I'd have liked to see POM get gametime at 8 during the AI's to see is he a potential challenger to Heaslip down the line.
    Gilroy to bench, Zebo is a better left wing IMO, would like to see a zebo/earls/gilroy back 3 at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Why Heaslip would even consider posting this (Rala's list) is beyond me. Could have sensitive info on it if you read certain points (#25, #36, #37) certain ways.

Heaslip posted it because he thinks he's mentioned in post #20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Sindri wrote: »

Heaslip posted it because he thinks he's mentioned in post #20.
    I'm more worried about #32 Avon case? Is he selling makeup to the ladyb........nevermind ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Right, so only one change to the starting line-up for the weekend according to Declan Kidney's PR Consultant Gerry Thornley, Craig Gilroy will come in for Andrew Trimble based on his showing against Fiji. Apparently Luke Marshall would be too much of a risk, while the words 'Henderson' and 'Cave' do not appear anywhere in the article.

There's another sly dig at Mike Ross too, for whatever reason.

I can't wait for this match to be over, the Heineken Cup will be back and Gerry can actually go back to writing well about rugby rather than his quasi-propaganda for the Irish management.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

21. Langers???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

Right, so only one change to the starting line-up for the weekend according to Declan Kidney's PR Consultant Gerry Thornley, Craig Gilroy will come in for Andrew Trimble based on his showing against Fiji. Apparently Luke Marshall would be too much of a risk, while the words 'Henderson' and 'Cave' do not appear anywhere in the article.

There's another sly dig at Mike Ross too, for whatever reason.
    Good for Gilroy. I thought it was unfortunate that he was sidelined in Ulster with the return of Bowe. Now all he needs to do is score another hat trick and we should be home and dry for RWC15!

Regarding Henderson, he will presumably be on the bench again if the team is as unchanged as Thornley suggests. I don't really have a problem with that, though I do hope he gets a good 20-30 minutes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The two Argentinian wings are quite a handful so whichever one he is up against Gilroy will have his work cut out for him in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

Hugh Farrelly aka Conor George back with another beauty in the indo

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/anthony-foley-set-for-fulltime-role-as-defensive-coach-3301367.html

Axel in for full time defensive coach when/if Deccie gets new contract :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

leftleg wrote: »
    Hugh Farrelly aka Conor George back with another beauty in the indo

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/anthony-foley-set-for-fulltime-role-as-defensive-coach-3301367.html

Axel in for full time defensive coach when/if Deccie gets new contract :pac:

just saw the other thread sorry everyone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I was just thinking that Gilroy has played twice for Ireland (neither capped games) against the Barbarians and Fiji and in those two games he's scored 5 tries. At a strike rate of 2.5 per game, if he carries on like that and wins 100 caps for Ireland he'll score 250 test tries:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Although Earls has always been noted for his wheels, he also revealed Simon Zebo is the quickest player in the squad. “Zebs has been clocking up some serious times, I think he’s recorded as the fastest man in Irish rugby now because we’ve had the GPS on.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/1121/1224326893550.html

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

He must have improved his pace because I know for a fact that in the U20s world cup they had 100metre sprints and both Conway and either O'Halloran or Griffin were faster than him by a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The two Argentinian wings are quite a handful so whichever one he is up against Gilroy will have his work cut out for him in defence.

There is probably an Argentinian fan saying the exact same thing about Gilroy being a handful!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭JF100

I sincerely doubt there are ANY Argentinian fans saying that "Gilroy is a handful"...!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

JF100 wrote: »
    I sincerely doubt there are ANY Argentinian fans saying that "Gilroy is a handful"...!!!

You're right. It'd be more along the lines of "El Gilroy es uno grande handfulio"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement