Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Interesting photos from the IT website there show POM playing 7 training with the would be match team...

Is O'Brien training though? Picked up a knock at the weekend so it could just be he's rested.

In this photo, can someone tell me who is just behind POM?
    train18a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is O'Brien training though? Picked up a knock at the weekend so it could just be he's rested.

PIC

Is it not Henry?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

train18a.jpg

Looks like SOB

Edit: It looks like Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

So, anyone else wondering how much the phrase "Deja vu" will be overused in relation to the France replay?

Would it be worth organising a drinking game while watching the TV coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

train18a.jpg

yea, he turned his ankle and was having a scan. he is ok though now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ferg looks like a child in POCs arms! :pac:

train4a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

jm08 wrote: »
    yea, he turned his ankle and was having a scan. he is ok though now.

Could it be Chris Henry??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Moflojo wrote: »
    So, anyone else wondering how much the phrase "Deja vu" will be overused in relation to the France replay?

I'll drink to that.

Just to clarify, I am willing to drink in acknowledgment at the notion of drinking.

Why don't we catch France off-guard at start Paddy Wallace at 10 with O'Donoghue at 9?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

.ak wrote: »
    Why don't we catch France off-guard at start Paddy Wallace at 10 with O'Donoghue at 9?

:P

POC at centre for a big, physical presence.

• Advertisement

Tox56 wrote: »
    POC at centre for a big, physical presence.

Sure he's just Rougerie without the hair when you think about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

train14a1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Lol!
    Like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

If Ryle is commentating you can gaurantee it'll be used, in fact he'll probably be talking about it at the most exciting part of the match and one team is about to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

If Ryle is commentating you can gaurantee it'll be used, in fact he'll probably be talking about it at the most exciting part of the match and one team is about to score.

No point, Id need to be f'ing gee eyed before I listen to Ryle Nugent anyway :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭fitz

No point, Id need to be f'ing gee eyed before I listen to Ryle Nugent anyway :p

I think a Boards Rugby Forum game of Ryle-inspired Buzzword Bingo would really liven up proceedings.

Take a drink when Ryle breaks out one of the following:

1. Deja Vu (obviously)
    2. "<insert player name> had no right to make that tackle/take that ball/etc."
    3. "Cometh the hour...."
    4. "...sheer will and determination..."
    5. "On this occassion..."

And finish your drink in one if we get to hear:

"Tommy Boooooooowwwwwweee!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

^^^

6. "You have to say that, on the balance of play, it's no more than they deserve"

7. "...wrong side of the field for a right/left sided kicker."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

".....<insert name> turns on the afterburners....."

Really you could just put in 'Tommy Bowe' into all of the <insert names> above and still be drunk by 20 min in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

".....<insert name> has gotten through an amount of work....."

• Advertisement

Just FYI, Thornley has named his "probable" team in the paper this morning and he's usually on the money... No changes from last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Just FYI, Thornley has named his "probable" team in the paper this morning and he's usually on the money... No changes from last weekend.
    If this is right then I'm done with Kidney. Might just have to start supporting my country of residence until sanity is restored.

If this is right then I'm done with Kidney. Might just have to start supporting my country of residence until sanity is restored.

Careful now, you'll have 20 people jumping down your throat declaring they're disgusted that anyone would consider not supporting their country so you may want to clarify that you're only joking, of course you'll be hoping for an Ireland win...

I dunno, at this stage of the game I'm done hoping for sweeping (or any) changes and I'm not even sure the personnel are the problem; I think the 15 guys who started last week can play a whole lot better than they have been doing, so either they're not being coached properly or they're not focussed enough on the game plan. Either way, something has to improve between now and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I said might! Plenty of room for me to backtrack

Sexton and Murray were as bad as each other last week when on the field together. That is going to be the norm for this combination. Leinster fans will blame Murray, Munster fans will blame Sexton. Both should be blaming Kidney for sticking with such an unnatural combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I said might! Plenty of room for me to backtrack

Sexton and Murray were as bad as each other last week when on the field together. That is going to be the norm for this combination. Leinster fans will blame Murray, Munster fans will blame Sexton. Both should be blaming Kidney for sticking with such an unnatural combination.

Thank you, I just can't understand where all the Sexton love has come from for his performance last week. Yeah he played well in the second half (he played 12 for 10-15 mins of it) and yes his goal kicking was very good, but in the first half he was poor. MOM my a***

bilston wrote: »
    Thank you, I just can't understand where all the Sexton love has come from for his performance last week. Yeah he played well in the second half (he played 12 for 10-15 mins of it) and yes his goal kicking was very good, but in the first half he was poor. MOM my a***

I don't think he was poor in the first half but no way was he man of the match.

The problem is that Irish people find it very, very hard to distinguish the out-half role from goal-kicking. You could have an out-half tearing defences apart and creating a hatful of tries, but if his kicking percentage drops below 80%, there'd be a clamour to drop him. Conversely, if a guy does f**k all except nail his kicks, like Sexton did in the first half last week, he's a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

bilston wrote: »

7 kicks from 8, got the back line working, absolute peach of a pass for Bowe's 2nd try, there were better irish performers in Kearney, Ferris & D'arcy though.

Watched the game again last night (in glorious HD on a 10 foot projector, nyomnyom...), and I must say I don't think Sexton was poor at all in the first half. He definitely didn't deserve MoTM. A little nervous at first perhaps, but in terms of attack you could definitely see what he was at. His execution just wasn't there, but often that was down to luck. His 'almost' try when he stumbled into Parisse, or that break and sublime offload to Earls that didn't stick. If those kind of things stuck we'd have been sticking Sexton on some sort of throne. But they didn't, and so he had a 'poor game' apparently.

One thing I will say tho is his restarts are no where near as good as they have been. He seemed nervous pumping the ball, and none of the restarts were ever quite on the money. That's fixable though, as we've seen he's capable of some pretty good restarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

^^^

6. "You have to say that, on the balance of play, it's no more than they deserve"

7. "...wrong side of the field for a right/left sided kicker."

Big ask of (insert player name here)..

• Advertisement

Also, interesting 6 nations stat for the weekend... Ireland won the most turn overs of all three games.

Who needs an openside anyway? :pac:

*awaits the POM/Heaslip/SOB/whoknows debate*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement