Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Crackdown 2 early demo access

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah I got in. It's really good. 30 min time limit, but you can keep retrying. Also, you can get 10 achievements in the game that will unlock when you pop in the retail copy of the game.

Targetting is a lil annoying. If an enemy is beside a car if the reticule isn't on the enemy and you press the LT more than likely you'll lock onto the car.

So many orbs.

Agility
    Special
    Co-op
    Renegade Agility
    Renegade Driving

Can't wait for some of my friends to get in on it so we can do some co-op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rizzla wrote: »

So many orbs.

I was driven to the brink of insanity over those little blighters in the last one :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

calex71 wrote: »
    I was driven to the brink of insanity over those little blighters in the last one :mad:

And the good news is that some of them actively move around in this one, so you actually do have to chase them.:D

And the good news is that some of them actively move around in this one, so you actually do have to chase them.:D

ahhhhhhhhh $;!% *&%£€ :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah the Renegade orbs. There's 30 agility ones and 15 driving ones, not that many. And the first of each is fairly easy to get, I say they will get harder and harder though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I got a code too.. but what did you guys say to the twitter thing to get one? :pac:

The targeting is so bad I turned it off after 5 minutes, It seems to pick out stuff in the distance like barrels rather than an enemy nearer to you and shooting at you :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Wow.........that game needs some serious work.
    Which 'aint gonna happen, so you can only surmise that its an old build, given it'll be pretty much locked down for release.
    Very poor controls, LT targeting is a mess (and that's being kind), graphically very rough in an "early 360 release" kind of way (might need to fire up the first one for comparison purposes), but above all is severely lacks the "fun" factor that was so prevalent in both the original and it's demo.
    Only bit that raised a smile was the Carmageddon like feeling of driving around with all the mutants out and about. Gone from being an automatic purchase, to waiting for final product word I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Havent tried the demo but i thought the first one was decent but i would be cautious about this game because it didnt even get a mention from microsoft at E3 and someone at the show said it was one of the few games there was no queue of people waiting to play it which is a bad sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

iMuse wrote: »
    Havent tried the demo but i thought the first one was decent but i would be cautious about this game because it didnt even get a mention from microsoft at E3 and someone at the show said it was one of the few games there was no queue of people waiting to play it which is a bad sign

Well it got mentioned briefly, I wouldn't go too much by its showing at E3. People there knew it was coming out in a few weeks and as they were gaming press many of them probably already had review copies. People would be muc more eager to try out games that were coming out months if not a year from now rather than one coming in a couple of weeks.

I'm downloading the demo at the mo', liked the first one but wary of the second. I haven't seen anything from it that makes it look any different from the first. Besides the mutants, which take away from the game if you ask me. Par tof the fun of Crackdown was being this overpowered super-agent. If you're fighting enemies as strong as you it takes away from the appeal if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

iMuse wrote: »

Thats probably because its been available to play at press events for the last year and most sites have review copies in their hands or will be getting them soon since its coming out in 2 weeks which is why MS didnt make a big fuss over it.
    Just tried the beta and found it enjoyable, ill deffinitely be getting this on release day, didnt think the targeting issues were as bad as people say just something you need to get used to, I did have a problem with the night time being too dark so i couldnt see the enviornment at all but maybe the room i was playing it in was too bright due to all the sun(havent had to deal with that problem for a while :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Hope someone figures out a way to freeze the timer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Loved the first game but wow, not a good demo. Controls feel impercise, targetting is beyond frustrating and I'm by no means a graphics whore but good god, it's shocking. The city looks cardboard and lifeless, barely better than metropolis in that superman returns game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Very meh. Maybe it's rose tinted glasses, but the first one looked better. Targeting is pretty poor.

The explosions looked particularly bad..

Anyone whos complaining about this game hasnt tried the co-op. I glitched it this evening to stop the timer and played around with a mate and had a ton of fun. Unlocked serveral of the special abilities barge and ground slam are insane. Also played a bit of baseball with a lightpost and some corpses.
    This is deffinitely a buy in my books and to those who are complaining about graphics or explosions etc just stop analysing it and have a bit of fun, its not there to be looked at its there to be destroyed

It's not the graphics, though its surprising that a sequel appears to be worse than the original. The controls are pretty ****e, which would be my main concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I only played Crackdown 1 there for the first time about 6 months back and this just feels like an expansion pack from the first. It's pretty much exactly the same. Controls feels a bit clunky. Seems a bit dated. Not too fussy about the graphics, and I'll probably pick it up still as there's not much else out around then. Depends on what's on XBLA and PSN that week though. I've been replaying Infamous this week and moving directly from one to the other, Crackdown 2 doesn't come across that well at all in comparion. Not half as fluid or anything. At least the one thing they copied over from Infamous is the Orb ping ability so you can send out a ping and nearby orbs will appear on your mini-map.

chrislad wrote: »
    It's not the graphics, though its surprising that a sequel appears to be worse than the original. The controls are pretty ****e, which would be my main concern.

Same here, the targeting killed it for me, I had no issue with the gfx at all .

calex71 wrote: »
    Same here, the targeting killed it for me, I had no issue with the gfx at all .

I had no problem with the targetting at all, just grab a uv gun and fire away kills pretty much everything and fires vehicles pretty far, for guns you just need to be as precise its no different from the first one

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    I had no problem with the targetting at all, just grab a uv gun and fire away kills pretty much everything and fires vehicles pretty far, for guns you just need to be as precise its no different from the first one

I think it was me playing co-op with you last night. And i second this opnion the targeting is no different than the first. If you pick up other objects, snap the left trigger and move your right analog towards the bad guys. Was great fun and some really cool features have been added. Only thing i can't understand they removed the upgradable cars from the first game (WHY?????). BTW, Chucking cars at hordes of freaks is a joy!

Well if I wasn't interested in graphics I'd buy a Wii or stick with my old xbox.. I think it's just disappointing the demo (work in progress) looks worse than the original game. It's expected nowadays that the sequel will make certain improvements with regards to graphics/controls/new features. Doesn't feel like a sequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

funkyflea wrote: »
    Well if I wasn't interested in graphics I'd buy a Wii or stick with my old xbox.. I think it's just disappointing the demo (work in progress) looks worse than the original game. It's expected nowadays that the sequel will make certain improvements with regards to graphics/controls/new features. Doesn't feel like a sequel.
    I don't think it really looks worse, for a better comparison check out the Digital Foundry feature here.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Only thing i can't understand they removed the upgradable cars from the first game (WHY?????). BTW, Chucking cars at hordes of freaks is a joy!
    Having upgradable cars meant having 4 different models for each of the vehicles. One would assume they thought having a large numbers of freaks visible on-screen was a more worthy use of resources. :)

funkyflea wrote: »

Graphics do not make a good game.
    This game looks just as good to me as the original who cares if they havent updated them? they have added multiplayer, the ability to have tons more ppl on screen much better co-op and several new gameplay elements like gliding and underground areas, would you prefer it too be just a shinier but no other improvements? I couldnt give a damn about graphics improvements as long as its fun too play.
    If your biggest concern for whether to buy a game is graphics i dunno what your doing playing consoles you should be on a high end PC.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Graphics do not make a good game.
    This game looks just as good to me as the original who cares if they havent updated them? they have added multiplayer, the ability to have tons more ppl on screen much better co-op and several new gameplay elements like gliding and underground areas, would you prefer it too be just a shinier but no other improvements? I couldnt give a damn about graphics improvements as long as its fun too play.
    If your biggest concern for whether to buy a game is graphics i dunno what your doing playing consoles you should be on a high end PC.

I never said graphics make a good game. I prefer gaming on a console instead of my PC. My biggest concern isn't graphics, I merely pointed out that it's almost standard these days for there to be some graphical enhancements over the original titles.

Thanks Gizmo for the comparison, maybe I'm looking back fondly at Crackdown but it just doesn't feel like Crackdown 2 actually looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

You can glitch the timer, saw this on Gamespot forums:
    Disconnect from Live.

Start game.

Warning appears, hit cancel.

Attempt to start again, voila, no time.

#Daniel wrote: »

Its a bit more complicated than that

Took me around 10 or 15 minutes to get it right the first time..

#Daniel wrote: »

30 minutes was enough. Thanks. :D

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    30 minutes was enough. Thanks. :D

Game only really gets fun once you lvl up beyond 30 mins

Advertisement