Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Crackdown 2 early demo access

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'll probably pick it up in the end alright, but did find the demo frustrating at times even after giving it another playthrough. Can't forgive them for that awful awful cover of 'Bad Moon Rising' that was playing on the radio station in-game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Yeah played the demo for about 3/4 hours(with glitch) - tbh its very similar to crackdown 1 except there are Freaks at night. Seems very quick to upgrade. Not sure if there are more weapons in the full game - only seems to be 1 uv weapon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

funkyflea wrote: »
    Hope someone figures out a way to freeze the timer :)

They already have apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

voxpop wrote: »
    Yeah played the demo for about 3/4 hours(with glitch) - tbh its very similar to crackdown 1 except there are Freaks at night. Seems very quick to upgrade. Not sure if there are more weapons in the full game - only seems to be 1 uv weapon
    The demo features accelerated levelling, just like the Crackdown 1 demo, so as to give you a change at experiencing higher level play.

I duno, I thought there were loads of weapons to be used, not only the Agency ones but the Cell ones too. As for the UV weapons, there is only two, the UV Shotgun and the UV Grenade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Tried to download this last night and saw it was only for Gold Members. My membership just expired last week:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

gizmo wrote: »
    The demo features accelerated levelling, just like the Crackdown 1 demo, so as to give you a change at experiencing higher level play.

Ah ok - makes sense - seemed a bit strange that I could fully level up in the space of 2 hours

There are a number of guns - but they are too similar or useless - like 3 different types of shotgun that are all pretty much the same, a number of machine guns - with only the big one being any good. The turret weapons are a bit of a laugh - except you usually end up with the agency guys after you cus you have killed too many civilians. The uv shotgun looks great, the way it throws ppl and vehicles around the place - pity there isnt more weapons like that rather than standard machine gun/sniper/shotgun stuff

As I said it pretty much exactly like crackdown 1 but with tweaks here and there - no real major changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

voxpop wrote: »
    Ah ok - makes sense - seemed a bit strange that I could fully level up in the space of 2 hours

There are a number of guns - but they are too similar or useless - like 3 different types of shotgun that are all pretty much the same, a number of machine guns - with only the big one being any good. The turret weapons are a bit of a laugh - except you usually end up with the agency guys after you cus you have killed too many civilians. The uv shotgun looks great, the way it throws ppl and vehicles around the place - pity there isnt more weapons like that rather than standard machine gun/sniper/shotgun stuff

As I said it pretty much exactly like crackdown 1 but with tweaks here and there - no real major changes.

Im betting they will have weapon and vehicle dlc like the first 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Does the timer glitch still work?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Does the timer glitch still work?

They patched it today I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

ive had the full game the last week and its pretty good, if you liked the first one you will like this, there are plenty of vehicles in it and a helicopter too, i havent played the demo so not sure if that was in there, you have the harpoon gun aswell. The UV shotgun is great craic and the wings on your suit are cool. The mulitplayer aspect of it though is where you will have the most laugh. i have a review up on the site if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement

Great stuff, found out that the agency cars are in fact in the game. Couple of reviews up..all looking postive.

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/07/04/first-crackdown-2-review-score-released/

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=reviewCard&fid=8957

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3180248

BTW, is it out tomor or Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Friday here, tomorrow in North America.

Very unsure about picking this up now. Pretty much every review I've read has said that it's is basically the first game just redone. They haven't changed anything...like at all. They seem to have removed the Gang Leader types set-up, so it's basically Crackdown 1. Most reviewers seem to be realy disappointed in it. Crackdown was fun and all, I played it for the first time about 6 months back. It felt a bit dated, and the demo for 2 made it feel more dated even.

Might pick it up if its cheap, but will probably just wait for a few months until it drops in price. I've a feeling it's going to drop fairly quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Very unsure about picking this up now. Pretty much every review I've read has said that it's is basically the first game just redone. They haven't changed anything...like at all. They seem to have removed the Gang Leader types set-up, so it's basically Crackdown 1. Most reviewers seem to be realy disappointed in it. Crackdown was fun and all, I played it for the first time about 6 months back. It felt a bit dated, and the demo for 2 made it feel more dated even.

Might pick it up if its cheap, but will probably just wait for a few months until it drops in price. I've a feeling it's going to drop fairly quickly.
    I'm the same. I was excited, but realised that it's just not different enough to make me want it. I can imagine a few people getting pissed off with it and selling it second hand, but I may wait even longer for it to be budget.

Advertisement