Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you expect to see in rural Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

things you expect to see in rural ireland

where people will look after their own family
    and fck the rest
    which means no family protection.....danger...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/abuse-survivor-urges-protection-for-vulnerable-2228044.html

or maybe it is just donegal which said no to lisbon..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

The village idiot / town-drunk.

Psychotic looking 30 something males that love GAA and still live with their mammies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasnt a fox?

Most likely a Fox checking for dogs in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The simple pleasure of walking to get your post (if you have a long driveway) and seeing a fox, a hare, and a pheasant. None fighting unfortunately

Hearing the Banshee! This happened me one night, frightned the bejaysis out of me. Have a half mile driveway going into the house, (proper sticks style) and I was walking over to my mate house and heard the banshee and nearly died. Met an aul man neighbour walking to the pub, which was a couple of miles away which is another rural thing to see, and he explained that it was a vixen screaming for want of a ride from a male fox. His words.

We were always told that the screams were from a fox with the mange. You always hear them scream on frosty nights. Apparently the frost is killer when you have the mange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

super-rush wrote: »
    You always hear them scream on frosty nights. Apparently the frost is killer when you have the mange.

Is it a killer when you have a minge?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

SeaFields wrote: »
    Burning heaps of tyres littering the road after the local team wins "d'county"

What is with people down south and changing letters and words to d, tbh that will sound really stupid, i've never heard anything as bad in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Ah come on now...you don't want us all speaking the queens English do you? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

owenc wrote: »
    What is with people down south and changing letters and words to d, tbh that will sound really stupid, i've never heard anything as bad in my life.

Are we stuck with you until the schools go back?

Nodin wrote: »
    Are we stuck with you until the schools go back?

Am not off until another 1 week and half, shows how crap the school holidays are here.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

DHL delivery men still trying to deliver parcels that've been in the back of their truck for three months, because they don't know where the fuck they are.

• Advertisement

ejmaztec wrote: »
    DHL delivery men still trying to deliver parcels that've been in the back of their truck for three months, because they don't know where the fuck they are.

Thats why your government should get post codes, down south is like the only country not with them, even the poor ones have post codes! Come on now!

Thats why your government should get post codes, down south is like the only country not with them, even the poor ones have post codes! Come on now!

The country politicians like keeping a low profile down here, and just don't want to be found, so nobody gets a postcode.

The country politicians like keeping a low profile down here, and just don't want to be found, so nobody gets a postcode.

ugh right, but sure they can give everyone else a postcode then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

you have the queen's head on your money HA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Errr no we dont

Not that its particularly relevant to the thread title or anything (else) like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Well there's a kind of post code thing,like little signs on the top of lanes that say L12345 or whatever.
    I put it on my address if I'm ordering stuff online anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Errr no we dont

Not that its particularly relevant to the thread title or anything (else) like

Yes, we do i bet yeh if you check your wallet you'll have at least one bank of england note, you don't stick to northern irish bank notes, we can use any.

storm2811 wrote: »
    Well there's a kind of post code thing,like little signs on the top of lanes that say L12345 .

Thats not a postcode thats a route number.

I seriously doubt that a letter addressed to
    Johnny Bollix
    N4 road
    Ireland

would be likely to be delivered in a timely manner

Thats not a postcode thats a route number.

I seriously doubt that a letter addressed to
    Johnny Bollix
    N4 road
    Ireland
    would be likely to be delivered in a timely manner

Ya they would be going for miles and that would take forever! omg, i don't know how they do it!

• Advertisement

Absurdum wrote: »

Sure dont you have the popes head on some of your coins like ?

See previous disclaimer about relevancy
    Add disclaimer about pointless whataboutery

Ya they would be going for miles and that would take forever!

Tsk Kilometres Tsk

OMG do they, yous really need to dump the whole catholic church thing i think yous are into it too much, church is for sunday and nothing else.

Tsk Kilometres Tsk

oh sorry.. i forgot they use kms, ps. miles are soo much better america uses them.

ps. miles are soo much better america uses them.

Well thats me told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Notice these all over the place since I moved down the country

http://kildalkeyvillage.com/images/tn_alert.jpg

storm2811 wrote: »
    Well there's a kind of post code thing,like little signs on the top of lanes that say L12345 or whatever.
    I put it on my address if I'm ordering stuff online anyway.

I must be deep inside inbred country, cos I've seen none of those here.:eek:

I must be deep inside inbred country, cos I've seen none of those here.:eek:

Shortly before the shyte hit the fan the Government issued some directive to councils to start putting up these signs.

One or two of them actually started doing it but then.............:(

Shortly before the shyte hit the fan the Government issued some directive to councils to start putting up these signs.

One or two of them actually started doing it but then.............:(

What are they anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

a big feed o' shpuds

• Advertisement

a big feed o' shpuds

o god thats all my dad eats, i'm sick of looking at them, i just cook my own food, because all he cooks is potatoes chicken and bloody beans..:rolleyes: for god sake. Thank god my mum is there.

Advertisement