Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you expect to see in rural Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Prefer the Super Majors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Prefer the Super Majors
    Have to say I be a john deere man myself.

http://www.cunderdinag.wa.edu.au/uploads/JohnDeere.jpg with a colour coordinated muck spreder

http://www.daviesimplementsltd.co.uk/Fraser.JPG

BumbleB wrote: »
    Have to say I be a john deere man myself.

http://www.cunderdinag.wa.edu.au/uploads/JohnDeere.jpg with a colour coordinated muck spreder

http://www.daviesimplementsltd.co.uk/Fraser.JPG

Them there yokes have no soul, what is the point of hopping on a machine and turning the key and it starts.

Rather have my International B275 which had to be stroked into life every morning, with some WD40 and a good jump.

Them there yokes have no soul, what is the point of hopping on a machine and turning the key and it starts.

Rather have my International B275 which had to be stroked into life every morning, with some WD40 and a good jump.

I like mine has one of dem what ya call dem MP3 players ,I can just start her up and put on de sawdoctors or shannonside FM. keep up wit de tech boyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

Freshly dropped cow dung in the path of my nicely washed and polished white car.

• Advertisement

Crusty cow poo's. Used to love standing in them when I was a kid especially if they were a week old.

Squishh !

I miss them, no dacent crusty ones in the big smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

does anyone else love when they are starting an old diesel tractor such as a David Browne 1490 and it chugs for 30 secs until you get the first kick of life followed by another kick then it begins to start.. best feeling ever

bmw535d wrote: »
    does anyone else love when they are starting an old diesel tractor such as a David Browne 1490 and it chugs for 30 secs until you get the first kick of life followed by another kick then it begins to start.. best feeling ever

dem tractors are classics in meh top ten. http://www.traktorpool.de/media/7633/1147633/114634/David-Brown-1490-4-WD-114634.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

got there first.na na na .

LOL...indeed.:D

John Deere's, lots of em'

I remember when them was brand new :( , now you say they is old

• Advertisement

nothing like beating a newer tractor due to the hydra-shift,semi sequential i tell ya,

also fish boxes are used for everything in rural Ireland, including cots for babys

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

Tractor with a trendy young thing seated in the cabin. Tiesto's latest concerto being played at appreciable volume on the oddly high-tech soundsystem of said tractor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

LOW-CAL RAGE-E-OOOOOH

(local radio)

nothing like beating a newer tractor due to the hydra-shift,semi sequential i tell ya,

also fish boxes are used for everything in rural Ireland, including cots for babys

I'm jealous of all ya big shots up there with yer hydra shift and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

A length of wavin.

Man holding said length of wavin aloft over herd of cows.

Cows in middle of road.

I saw some cracking looking girls when I was in Poland a few years ago, there wasn't a fella in sight either,

What wer you doing looking at de hoors ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

Further; every vehicle must come equipped with a hitch.

I'm jealous of all ya big shots up there with yer hydra shift and what not.

you know your a real big shot when you don't have to lite an oily rag and stick it down the breather pipe to get the ford 3000 to start,

the joys of heater plugs can't be forgotten,

sickens me to see young cubs in their jd 6910's not knowing how to loosen and injector to bleed her if you run out of diesel,

who has had to cross the terminals on the starter motor if you lost the key of the db?

try that in a john deere bucko!

Farmers sharing the battery between the car and the tractor.

• Advertisement

you know your a real big shot when you don't have to lite an oily rag and stick it down the breather pipe to get the ford 3000 to start,

sickens me to see young cubs in their jd 6910's not knowing how to loosen and injector to bleed her if you run out of diesel,

who has had to cross the terminals on the starter motor if you lost the key of the db?

try that in a john deere bucko!

Dem young bucks know nothin about anything , only chasin' cailini's these days,

!

You must be kidding

By 14, you should have advanced the fuel pump to make it go faster, (Make sure the mechanic the old fella brings it to, covers for you) know how to bleed it, take a wheel off at the bearing , drive on three wheels (A must if yo ever owned a Ford 4000)

You must be kidding

By 14, you should have advanced the fuel pump to make it go faster, (Make sure the mechanic the old fella brings it to, covers for you) know how to bleed it, take a wheel off at the bearing , drive on three wheels (A must if yo ever owned a Ford 4000)

the pump was well screwed out in the db, i also discovered there was an extra gear in the hydra shift when i removed a bolt behind the lever,

a good trick to get rid of the smell of burning clutch/brakes was to dip it in the river before you return home. that way the oul fella never knows you've been rallying all day:D

i forgot to mention you had to loosen the cable for the hand throttle or it would idle at 1500rpm because the pump was screwed out, that way you could get it to idle normally:D

back on topic

A cow with calf on the long acre

i forgot to mention you had to loosen the cable for the hand throttle or it would idle at 1500rpm because the pump was screwed out, that way you could get it to idle normally:D

Is that tractor still going

the vegetable man delivering veg to old people that live far away from town,

a self made go-kart doing the tonne down the main street drivin by a 14 year old who thinks he's mcrae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Hordes arriving out of the blue at the start of the shooting season with their dogs and their guns. Bang, Bang, Bang all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

People calling crisps tayto e.g. "Can i have a packet of those sour cream & onion walkers' tayto?"

Shelves of TK red lemonade.

Advertisement