Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you expect to see in rural Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

This is a thread about rural Ireland and the things you see. Why are you all in a flap about Dublin? What is your obsession? Can you not talk about the sights and idiosyncrasies that are indigiounous to your area instead of pissing, bitching and moaning about Dubs and Dublin.

For fooks sake lads, grow up, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

Well at least I can afford it me ole flower. And at least I don't spend hundreds on petrol every week to get to work.

who the hell does that, everyone knows you must have a diesel car in the country, jeez

o and people tend to spend less on fuel in rural Ireland because our cars can get out of 2nd gear or more that a mile,unlike cities with terrible traffic.

and there are alot of better and more expensive houses in the country,the thing is the bank doesn't own them because most rural people build there own house from savings,unlike debt ridden cities such as Dublin etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

bmw535d wrote: »
    who the hell does that, everyone knows you must have a diesel car in the country, jeez

o and people tend to spend less on fuel in rural Ireland because our cars can get out of 2nd gear or more that a mile,unlike cities with terrible traffic.

and there are alot of better and more expensive houses in the country,the thing is the bank doesn't own them because most rural people build there own house from savings,unlike debt ridden cities such as Dublin etc

I don't have a dieseal car i have petrol ( and actually my mum only puts in £60 every two weeks and that gets her on her vat visits around ballymeana, ballymoney and places much further a field.) yes i can freewheel from my house the whole way into coleraine without having to do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

bmw535d wrote: »

For a while there diesel prices were above petrol. At least I don't live in a ghost estate that is literally 20 km from the nearest amenities.

Well at least I can afford it me ole flower. And at least I don't spend hundreds on petrol every week to get to work.
    Touché.

PS, I don't travel every day to the smoke. ;)

• Advertisement

John_Rambo wrote: »
    This is a thread about rural Ireland and the things you see. Why are you all in a flap about Dublin? What is your obsession? Can you not talk about the sights and idiosyncrasies that are indigiounous to your area instead of pissing, bitching and moaning about Dubs and Dublin.

For fooks sake lads, grow up, move on.

No I'm sorry, this is a death match, urban -vs- rural!

Touché.

PS, I don't travel every day to the smoke. ;)

What? smoke? never been in Dublin for 20 years have we.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Dublin wins end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Flahavans !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

If they are so up their holes about living in their sacred city I say we should cut off their food supply for a month and then ask them what they think of rural Ireland.

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If they are so up their holes about living in their sacred city I say we should cut off their food

Then you would miss out on all your dole subsidies. Now cop on and talk about what you would see in rural Ireland instead of crying about Dublin.

Then you would miss out on all your dole subsidies. Now cop on and talk about what you would see in rural Ireland instead of crying about Dublin.
    What makes you think I meant Dublin city? Another Dub that is better at giving than he is at taking:rolleyes:

What makes you think I meant Dublin city

Because you said it was sacred.

Glad you take it, but I am afraid I won't be giving it to you tonight, you are jailbait.

If they are so up their holes about living in their sacred city I say we should cut off their food supply for a month and then ask them what they think of rural Ireland.

We could still build gardens on top of our roofs and grow vegetables and fruits. We would still survive!!!

We could still build gardens on top of our roofs and grow vegetables and fruits. We would still survive!!!
    Ffs you couldn't survive the cold winter without trying to blame someone else for it.

Ffs you couldn't survive the cold winter

Eh, we could really.

Any other insights to the sights you might see in rural Ireland instead of obsessing about city dwellers?

Ffs you couldn't survive the cold winter without trying to blame someone else for it.

We import oil from abroad via dublin port. We could cut off your oil supply and then you will have no cars to drive around in. We would then use the oil to heat our houses. Mu ha ha ha!!

Any other insights to the sights you might see in rural Ireland instead of obsessing about city dwellers?
    Heres one, people that don't moan about a spell of cold weather.

Heres one, people that don't moan about a spell of cold weather.

Country people moan all the time. They're always complaining about everything; if it's not about land it's about that bitch at work. Dublin have always had a better sense of humour than the country folk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Dublin have always had a better sense of humour than the country folk.

what are you on about FFS?

Is Brendan O'Carroll is good example of Dub Humour?
    Hows your wobbly bits indeed.:P

• Advertisement

MidlandsM wrote: »
    what are you on about FFS?

Is Brendan O'Carroll is good example of Dub Humour?
    Hows your wobbly bits indeed.:P

FFS, It's not about how many comedian we have, people from Dublin are just easier to be around and to get along with than country people. FFS!

... FFS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

people from Dublin are just easier to be around and to get along with than country people. FFS!

... FFS!

true, if you want to be in the company of knackers.:pac:

MidlandsM wrote: »
    true, if you want to be in the company of knackers.:pac:

At least I'm not the knacker fooling around with the cattle in the shed.

oops.. forgot to add to the list...

farmers shooting pigeons. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

people listening to "the deaths" on radio bogtrotter !:D

Dum dum da da dum da dum-intro music

And now the death notices, brought to you by Mid West Radio.

Country people moan all the time. They're always complaining about everything; if it's not about land it's about that bitch at work. Dublin have always had a better sense of humour than the country folk.

Generalise a lot do you? :rolleyes:

ananas wrote: »
    Generalise a lot do you? :rolleyes:

They listen to "the deaths" on the radio FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

They listen to "the deaths" on the radio FFS.

Whats with the hatred?? Do you even have any experience of life outside the Pale??? I don't like Dublin but I don't make mass generalisations about it!

• Advertisement

ananas wrote: »
    Whats with the hatred?? Do you even have any experience of life outside the Pale??? I don't like Dublin but I don't make mass generalisations about it!

Yes I do, both my parents are from Connaught. We used to go down there every summer for two weeks to visit relatives. It's just so grey, miserable and depressing with the smell of cows' shit everywhere. They're always talking about the neighbours and land. It just so boring, I'd kill myself if I had to live down there.

Advertisement