Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you expect to see in rural Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

cock robin wrote: »
    The real men and women of Ireland struggling to grow food under extremely ardous circumstances in all weathers, so that pampered city dwellers can pop to their local foreign store in their car and eat.

So your growing food for a living and then getting pissed off that Dubs are buying it ??

Clean air only polluted by Dub's in their civics and glanzas rallying pissed during the small hours

Id bet that there are more boy racers per head of population in almost any town in Ireland then there are in Dublin, and also that drink driving is more widespread down the country. Also I reckon that yourselfs down the country have contributed to the aul pollution too

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cow-emissions-more-damaging-to-planet-than-cosub2sub-from-cars-427843.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

flanum wrote: »
    i swear you must live in redhills then so.. theres a collie that refuses to get up off the road at a crossroads der! or maybe its just collies are like that all over the world... lazy bastards!

Redhills in Caaaaavan? Jaysus,that's another world altogether :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Seriously ... do you LOL out load, jebus.

afraid so :o

anyway, feckin' tractors on the road who won't pull in to let a line of cars off! It makes me very cross indeed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

people gawping out the curtin to see whos walking down the road. noseys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Getting stuck behind an old farmer using his 93 Corolla to herd the cattle, cause he can't be arsed to walk, for over half an hour.

Using the amount of cars outside a pub to judge how busy it is, when no one "should" be driving home anyway

Young ones "goin drivin" for hours on end cause there's feck all else to do.

Swerving every two seconds to avoid all the potholes in the roads

Meeting people who refuse to move in to the side of the road for fear they might scratch their paint, while you're almost in the side of the ditch.

In the countryside, even when you don't know what you're doing, you can be sure the rest of the village does!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

2manyconditions gawping in people windows as he walks past houses. You should change your name to peepingtom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

People buying the local rag every week "for the court cases" in the hope of seeing someone they know (but not immediate family) being mentioned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    People buying the local rag every week "for the court cases" in the hope of seeing someone they know (but not immediate family) being mentioned

aye and then bitching about them saying " how the hell did thon get that"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

Sam Kade wrote: »
    2manyconditions gawping in people windows as he walks past houses. You should change your name to peepingtom.

She actually :pac: And if there were decent people and had net curtins on the window, there would be nothing to look in at, kay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Men with farmers tan and their snow white wifes. . People walking the road at night dressed in black. Not for individual resale stickers on every singled item in the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i am one of the country people
    but i do have to agree with you there, we also look at the matchmaking section, just hoping there is some lad or lass with a big farm with a tractor a herd of cows and a flock of sheep that we could shack up with,,,,,,ypee

goat2 wrote: »
    i am one of the country people
    but i do have to agree with you there, we also look at the matchmaking section, just hoping there is some lad or lass with a big farm with a tractor a herd of cows and a flock of sheep that we could shack up with,,,,,,ypee

Eh No i don't think he means that they look in the paper to get a partner, he is talking about the auld farmers nosing in the local paper seeing what this and that is up tay and then being able to bitch about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

just hoping there is some lad or lass with a big farm with a tractor a herd of cows and a flock of sheep that we could shack up with,,,,,,ypee

who preferably doesnt appear in the court cases page too often ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The local post office, where the nosey woman who works there has some sort of xray machine to read all the post coming through. I think she might even steam open some of them for a better look. I dont go in there anymore, i buy the stamps and put them in a different letterbox on the way home from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

Inbreeding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

who preferably doesnt appear in the court cases page too often ? :pac:
    that would be an advantage, crims need not apply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ads by Google.

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Also I reckon that yourselfs down the country have contributed to the aul pollution too

You should be grateful. Look at all the glorious weather we are having.

i see bonfires every week around where i live, cannot beleive some of the people have one almost once a week, i do wonder what they are burning as the thing goes on for hours, and if the wind is blowing the wrong way we have to close windows due to the billowing smoke

Your obviously living near one of them country council estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

stressed terrified stags jumping over ditches and causing a car to crash leading to lifetime injuries for the small children in the car....

but hey rural life right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

afraid so :o

anyway, feckin' tractors on the road who won't pull in to let a line of cars off! It makes me very cross vexed indeed :mad:

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 I Play Guitar What Have You Done

A old woman saying, "Be jay'sus, what is this piece of ****. It's blooming' dripping watery ****. And has two options No.1 and No.2 I certainly don't want to sip a sup of a watery No.2", to a coffee machine in a new, BIG, modern house. :rolleyes:

A father saying **** jokes.

Fields of green and muck.

A local pub with smokers outside and a fat bloke inside sitting on a spinning bar stool that he's to big for. (Usually a farmer talking to farmers about farming)

A lady they like to call Mary who is from Tipperary and a set of husbands named Mickey (DEAD), Johnny (DIVORCED), Paddy (AWAITING DEATH) with a dead father called Tommy.

A cemetery with broken headstones and an occasional old man who goes in to morn a lady dead for 10+ years.:(

A butcher, butchering a cow from the fields of green and muck, that the fat farmer in the pub gave to the butcher, that Mary of Tipperary purchases to cook for her husband Paddy which see will kill later and may I point out see also killed her father as he made **** jokes. Then she will gossip on the phone with the old lady who thought the coffee machine was a **** and Urine dispenser in the new, BIG, modern house. Five years later she marries man who mourns the loss of his dead wife at the cemetery. She says in hear vows,
    "Harry, you are far better than does **** heads I married before you" see says that see will "NEVER HARM HIM" (Unlikely). Two weeks after the fat farmer dies of a heart attack. At the funeral Harry (Mary's new husband) says in tears, "God who will you take next", Mary replies quietly, "YOU".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Short Memories

Garda McCabe gets killed, Kerry people vote for a TD that supports his Killers?

WTF Kerry People ?

So maybe the Kerry Jokes have something in them

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Ferris-condemned-for-meeting-McCabe.5533712.jp

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Bicycles, pots and pans stuck to the wall of a local pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

She actually :pac: And if there were decent people and had net curtins on the window, there would be nothing to look in at, kay
    So you can see people looking out through a window with net curtains?

BumbleB wrote: »
    FYP

eh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

eh? :confused:
    Fixed your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Id bet that there are more boy racers per head of population in almost any town in Ireland then there are in Dublin, and also that drink driving is more widespread down the country. Also I reckon that yourselfs down the country have contributed to the aul pollution too

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cow-emissions-more-damaging-to-planet-than-cosub2sub-from-cars-427843.html

Yeah, but thats mainly because there are more cars per head of population in the country because Dublin Bus doesn't run past here.

More likely in a housing estate than in the country.

Inbreeding

This is the country, not ballymun.

BumbleB wrote: »
    Fixed your post.

i know what it means, but you didn't change anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

i know what it means, but you didn't change anything

He must have Mal-Adjusted it!! ba dum tish!!!

• Advertisement

He must have Mal-Adjusted it!! ba dum tish!!!

God... :eek:

Advertisement