Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you expect to see in rural Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

owenc wrote: »
    Yea and arn't them auld ones such a disaster, they are always sticking their nose into everything and bitching behind peoples backs trying to see what "hes up tay now", they're like a crowd of girls, sure last week my dad was building something and this man came up our lane in a tractor and was staring to see what we were upto so bad that he banged into the hedge.

Jesus,my neighbours on my mams road in Dublin are so much worse than any country ones to be honest! My mam came back from a weeks holidays the other day,and she already knows exactly what i got up in her house to while she was gone:mad:

In fairness though,none of them are from Dublin originally!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

patwicklow wrote: »
    God you,s all think the country is so backward im from the country and iv lived in cities like London, New York, Germany,Sweden. City life is good dont get me wrong. But the country cant be beaten to live in, and not living in shoe boxes
    can grow veg yes spuds do come from the ground.. have hens free range eggs..
    AND we,d buy and sell city folk anytime thats for sure....

in fairness man if your from wicklow like your name suggests compared to other places in ireland is not rural at all, well in terms that i never found the wicklow people clannish

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭elchupanebrey

God you,s all think the country is so backward im from the country and iv lived in cities like London, New York, Germany,Sweden. City life is good dont get me wrong. But the country cant be beaten to live in, and not living in shoe boxes
    can grow veg yes spuds do come from the ground.. have hens free range eggs..
    AND we,d buy and sell city folk anytime thats for sure....

Thought Germany and Sweden were countries me.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Jesus,my neighbours on my mams road in Dublin are so much worse than any country ones to be honest! My mam came back from a weeks holidays the other day,and she already knows exactly what i got up in her house to while she was gone:mad:

In fairness though,none of them are from Dublin originally!

Naw, your right the country ones aren't that bad if they were it would be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Loads of unpunished criminals..... as the DNA is the same and there are no dental records.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

steddyeddy wrote: »
    chip is a technical name for a area of water used for boat floating and other various activities and i base that on absoloutly nothing!

Sounds fair enough to me.:pac: I assumed for a moment that one of your ancestors designed the Titanic, but I'm obviously mistaken:eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

Lots of American tourists - they love the place

si_guru wrote: »
    Loads of unpunished criminals..... as the DNA is the same and there are no dental records.

What are you talking about?

dezzyd wrote: »

Oh God aye, its so halarious when you see them, they're never done down at the giants causeway!! They come down thinking that we are leaprucans and speak like people from dublin, but they get a quare shock when they get here!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

What are you talking about?

the inbreeding shhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

Ivor Callely or at least I think I saw him driving from west cork to Dublin....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Pikeys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Headshops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

think about it you city and townie folk
    we get to work ten miles away in minuits, you are backed up in traffic all morning,
    we have fine back yards, good size garages, big gardens to front, veg gardens, fruit trees most of us have our homes on an acre of ground, space, space, space , we can have walk in fresh clear air anytime, we also hit clean beaches, would not change my life for any other,
    we know our neighbours, can rely on them.
    all i can say is i am not jelous of your lives

Oh yea and no 35 mile traffic jams like i seen in america!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

goat2 wrote: »
    think about it you city and townie folk
    we get to work ten miles away in minuits, you are backed up in traffic all morning,
    we have fine back yards, good size garages, big gardens to front, veg gardens, fruit trees most of us have our homes on an acre of ground, space, space, space , we can have walk in fresh clear air anytime, we also hit clean beaches, would not change my life for any other,
    we know our neighbours, can rely on them.
    all i can say is i am not jelous of your lives

You forgot to mention the sheep-shagging (or is it goats?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

ejmaztec wrote: »
    is that what you thought sheep were for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

some fella giving the ref a slap of the hurley in a division 4 bottom of the table clash

ejmaztec wrote: »

oh stop that you get sheep in england i've seen them.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

very small crowds at gaa matches but there so loud :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

would ye like a pair of wellies an a wholly jumper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Hence the ''drive on left'' signs.

would ye like a pair of wellies an a wholly jumper

No thanks i've got a pair.:P

Ya but ours have go "faster stripes"...
    my rural farmer in his rural area paints his red, somtimes blue..depending on hurling/football matches :)

Ya but ours have go "faster stripes"...
    my rural farmer in his rural area paints his red, somtimes blue..depending on hurling/football matches :)

LOL, i thought that was to identify them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

It usually is . . .especially on mountains with common land on them.

It is.. rural farmers have sense of humor (where I am from anyway) :D Am just waiting on backlash here.......dont be cruel people, lets just have a laugh ....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The local driver who drives the drunken locals(and blowins) in an illegally overfilled minibus back to their respective gaffs at 3 in the morning. Doesnt seem to be very concerned with payment and is usually very accommodating in responding to the various drunken directions from teh back. Something that should be imported into the major cities. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

The TV licence inspector looking a bit of paper scratching his head in a confused state

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Nearly every car with a tow bar

Advertisement