Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Ireland HG556a Problem

• 18-06-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone.

I was a BT broadband customer for years and we were transitioned to Vodafone automatically along with everyone else. In fairness, I didn't really notice any difference and I kindof ignored the letters they sent to me explaining the prices and stuff. Anyway, I decided to give them a call during the week to find out what plan I'm on etc. I realised that if I signed up for a 12 month contract I'd get a new wireless router (EchoLife HG556a) so I went for it. I got the router today and hooked it up. THe internet worked straight away which is good!

However, I also have a Lacie Networkspace2 NAS hooked up to it. With my old router I could ssh into it (it's a Linux box underneath) and access the web based admin console in any browser. But now I can't do either of those things, and I can't think why. In the new router console I can see the NAS is on the network, and I also have a Playon media streamer thing which still works (i.e. it can play the stuff I have on the NAS drive).

I realise I'm rambling, so in summary, why can't I ssh onto my NAS and why can't I access the web console since I started using the vodafone router?!

Any tips for things to check would be much appreciated!

Ronan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Ignore this! Having spent a good while looking at the router configuration, I restarted my laptop and everything now works!

I hope I didn't waste anyones time.

Ronan

Advertisement