Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bruce DVD

Options
  • 18-06-2010 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Did anyone buy the new Bruce Springsteen dvd/blu-ray concert film, live in Hyde park? On the inside of the DVD there is a picture of bruce on stage im almost sure its the RDS in the foreground does anyone agree...? Bit strange it been live in hyde park, london....:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No, I don't think the picture looks anything like the RDS to be honest!

They had it on in HMV in Galway today on their screens but they had Oasis coming through the speakers. It really annoyed me. Why would you put a legend on your screen, yet play music from a band who aren't worthy of wiping the ****e of Bruce's arse (IMO!)through the speakers.

Anyway, I heard it was a great concert and I really look forward to getting my hands on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

i think they showed his set from hyde pak on either channel 4 or VH1 last year.i thought his cover of London Calling was a shambles,as if it was thrown together just before the gig.great set and performance besides that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'll go and get it today, how much is the DVD set?

Rud wrote: »
    i think they showed his set from hyde pak on either channel 4 or VH1 last year.i thought his cover of London Calling was a shambles,as if it was thrown together just before the gig.great set and performance besides that though!

Yeah London Calling didn't seem to go down so well across the Bruce Boards.
    I'll go and get it today, how much is the DVD set?

I think Blu Ray is €21 in HMV and the normal DVD is €17 or €18.

Ah yeah, just watched some of it there. It's clearly immense as usual. 'She's the one' stands out strong near the start. Great song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

cant wait to buy it, i promised i'd buy it first thing after the leaving cert (finish on thursday) but just have the urge to buy it right now

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

As it'm my bithday next week I have to wait til then to buy it as there is a good chance someone might have got it for me. Saw clips of it and can't wait to see it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Did anyone buy the new Bruce Springsteen dvd/blu-ray concert film, live in Hyde park? On the inside of the DVD there is a picture of bruce on stage im almost sure its the RDS in the foreground does anyone agree...? Bit strange it been live in hyde park, london....:confused:

thats the RDS on the inside cover all right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Is there a cd release of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spr1ngsteen

Nice release, could've picked better shows from a setlist point of view imo, but this is still really enjoyable.

London Calling wasn't as bad as I remembered from the TV airing. Think Bruce does ok on it, but Steve Van Zandt's part (he takes a verse) isn't great! He clearly doesn't know the words and constantly has to check prompter.

Like Brian Fallon's appearance on No Surrender, think he does a good job on the verse he takes. Kinda freshens up a song that has been played a lot over the years.

Good show though overall, and the sound quality is great.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

Yes, nice RDS picture on inside. The closing credits also has some great shots from the tour taken at different venues. Great release in excellent sound and picture quality.

bg_bruce.jpg

^^ New wallpaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

Another couple....
    BRUCE_LIVE_PUB9_20100526_174015.jpg

BRUCE_LIVE_PUB3_smaller_20100527_114839.jpg

BRUCE_LIVE_real_LONDON_20100420_94654.jpg

Nice work, do you have a bigger one of the RDS? It would make a nice wallpaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

err.....anyone know the make of his boots in the "close up pic of his boots" above...:o cool boots...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Nice work, do you have a bigger one of the RDS? It would make a nice wallpaper.

It is big enough. Set it to the centre and change background colour to black. It looks cool ('',)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

seachto7 wrote: »
    err.....anyone know the make of his boots in the "close up pic of his boots" above...:o cool boots...

I remember hearing that their Dubarry boots ....made in Ballinasloe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

jamieh wrote: »
    I remember hearing that their Dubarry boots ....made in Ballinasloe!!

that's the job! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Think this is them!

http://www.dubarry.us/product/8

Advertisement