Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards World Cup Tournament - Fixtures/Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Mr Moon wrote: »
    France (greenside rover) v Argentina (Dufflecoatxbox)
    USA (bassmanmurph85) v Australia (stan beardfacay)
    Germany (Dj DigitalMoose) v England (Irish Wolverine)
    Korea Rep (Kirk The Dog) v Mexico (Srooney03)

Denmark (Corcaigh09) v Paraguay (Storybud22)
    Portugal (Parawind) v Switzerland (CollyR)
    Italy (HokemPokem) v Holland (The Dunne)
    Spain (Oliver Cole) v Brazil (djc123abc)

Games to be played this week deadline Sunday midnight!

Can you guys all make sure you've joined the new league set up!!

Can all members who've qualified for the knockout stage please join the league I have set up for it.

Details

League Name: Boards World Cup R2
    Abbreviation: br2
    Password
    last 16

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Denmark 1-2 Paraguay

good game, I was unlucky to concede a harsh free kick that led to Bud scoring it for the winner but them the breaks, i have myself to blame for not scoring a second. well done the Bud.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

England (Axwell) 3 - 0 (Mr Moon) Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Argentina (Dufflecoatxbox) 5 - 3 (Greenside Rover) France

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Portugal 5-1 Switzerland

Bring on the Bud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Korea Rep (Kirk The Dog) 7-1 Mexico (Srooney03)

Not one manual chip :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Australia (Stan Beardfacay) 1 - 0 USA (BassmanMurph85)

Great game, end to end stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Italy (Kirby) 8 - 3 Holland (TheDunne)

A real humdinger this one. I got an early lucky goal which helped me alot. We both played some lovely passing moves and scored some nice goals.

gg man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Lamposts// Spain 5 - 0 Brazil Djabc123 //

Good game mate. Pity my manual chipping was a bit off in the game. Roll on Italy. Hokem should be pretty easy.

Argentina (Dufflecoatxbox) v Australia (stan beardfacay)
    England (Irish Wolverine) v Korea Rep (Kirk The Dog)

Paraguay (Storybud22) v Portugal (Parawind)
    Italy (HokemPokem) v Spain (Oliver Cole)

Games to be played this week, deadline Wednesday midnight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

Paraguay storybud22 (4) v Portugal (1) parawind

gg macken. macken deserved more in dis game. he was all over me like a cheap suit in the first half

Spain (Oliver Cole) 3 - 1 Italy (Hokem Pokem)

GG man.

England (Irish Wolverine) 2 v 3 Korea Rep (Kirk The Dog)

Tough game. Was 3-0 up when Axwell brought on Agbonglahor and he scored two goals. Towards the end once it hit the 80th I was shielding the ball at Axwells corner flag. Do people mind that? I dont really have a problem with it as its a realistic thing to do and the ball is fairly easily retrievable and at most you knock a minute or two off the in game clock. If its generally not liked Il stop doing it....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

England (Axwell) 2 - 3 Korea (Joe)

A manual chip to start things off left me on the backfoot and 3-0 down in the second half things werent looking good, got it back to 3-2 but couldnt get an equaliser. GG
    joe123 wrote: »
    England (Irish Wolverine) 2 v 3 Korea Rep (Kirk The Dog)
    I dont really have a problem with it as its a realistic thing to do and the ball is fairly easily retrievable and at most you knock a minute or two off the in game clock. If its generally not liked Il stop doing it....

Its not that easily retrievable Joe when you are standing right in the corner, as you saw yourself it gets pushed over the line for another corner the minute my player sticks his foot in to get it. You must have taken 5 in a row and done the same thing each time. Not going to go on about it as I spoke to you about it after the game and said imo its unsporting and bad form and just another example of someone doing whatever it takes to win in Fifa 10 which is a reason for a lot of the bad blood in the leagues aswell. GG anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Australia 6-1 Argentina (duffles)

GG!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Axwell wrote: »
    England (Axwell) 2 - 3 Korea (Joe)

A manual chip to start things off left me on the backfoot and 3-0 down in the second half things werent looking good, got it back to 3-2 but couldnt get an equaliser. GG

Its not that easily retrievable Joe when you are standing right in the corner, as you saw yourself it gets pushed over the line for another corner the minute my player sticks his foot in to get it. You must have taken 5 in a row and done the same thing each time. Not going to go on about it as I spoke to you about it after the game and said imo its unsporting and bad form and just another example of someone doing whatever it takes to win in Fifa 10 which is a reason for a lot of the bad blood in the leagues aswell. GG anyways!

that sounds bloody painful Axwell, i think what you said is spot on...

Australia (Stan Beardfacay) v Paraguay (Storybud22)
    Korea Rep (Kirk The Dog) v Spain (Oliver Cole)

Games to be played by Friday midnight

Paraguay 4(storybud22) v Australia 0 (stan beardfacay)

my kepper was sickkk. should off been 4-2 gg m8.

Australia 0-4 Paraguay

God how I hate custom formations they are soul destroying and absolutely impossible to break through 6 across the back is just a joke really... the onlychances I created were from crosses!!!

GG Anyway and good luck in final!

• Advertisement

Korea Rep (Kirk The Dog) 1 v 2 Spain (Oliver Cole)

Well done lamps. Close game, had chances to win the game myself but it was torture trying to keep up with spains players especially torres and Villa. Two well taken manual chips by lamposts if there is such a thing from crazy angles. Frustrating to see my keeper do nothing but I cant complain as ive done them myself plenty of times. And yes lamposts held it at my corner flag for the last few minutes! :P I hadnt a problem with that though, I was fearing he was gunna start passsing it round his back four as I had him under alot of pressure towards the end but in fairness he kept it moving forward.

Overall happy with how I did with such a ****ty team. Paraguay Korea final would of been alot more interesting :P

Australia (Stan Beardfacay) v Korea Rep (Kirk the Dog)

Paraguay (Storybud22) v Spain (Oliver Cole)

Not to be played until 3/4 place is finished

Australia (Stan Beardfacay) 4 v 5 Korea Rep (Kirk the Dog)

GG stan.

Spain (Oliver Cole) 2 - 0 Paraguay (storybud22)

GG. Played well, should have scored a lot more goals but ah well. LONDON!

gg man you only had one other clear cut chance no need to lie. i missed 2 ezze chances with crap players.tbh i passed it better and their first goal was rather fortunate. u were also doing some time wasting but whatever. no need to rub it in wen u beat ppl. you merely had the better team ever match when you beat me hokem and kirk.

Rubbing it in? I didn't rub anything in, I said gg game to you and you just replied "whatever" This would be rubbing it in. I BEAT IRELAND'S #1 PLAYER. I'm the best. Wooooooooooooo. World Cup CHAMPION. I had a couple of 1 on 1's with your keeper that I should have scored. You passed it better.. Whatever gets you to sleep at night. Nothing fortunate about my first goal. You're just being delusional. It was a great through ball and a tidy finish. I had the better team when I beat Kirk & you but to suggest Hokem had the weaker team is absurd. Italy are miles better than Spain.

we were in fergie time for your first but yes it was a nice goal.you only beat kirk 2-1 and he was korea. everyone would knows who would of been off been the 3 favourites if they got your team. well dne no need to rub it in when you beat ppl.people just want a gg. ur attuide has been poor making fun of ratheny red and dissing axwell for losing to korea. dont forget u almost lost to them. well dne anyway.

storybud22 wrote: »
    we were in fergie time for your first but yes it was a nice goal.you only beat kirk 2-1 and he was korea. everyone would knows who would of been off been the 3 favourites if they got your team. well dne no need to rub it in when you beat ppl.people just want a gg. ur attuide has been poor making fun of ratheny red and dissing axwell for losing to korea. dont forget u almost lost to them. well dne anyway.

I didn't diss my boy Axwell, I was simply in shock that he lost to Korea. Thanks mate. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

To all semi-finalists, I have word that I have a copy of FIFA World Cup for you all - I'm sending a PM to you now.

Sorry about the delay, I just had a huge amount of stuff on here in the office to get through this week.

Dav

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement