Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England fan breaks into dressing room and confronts David Beckham after Algeria match

• 18-06-2010 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12016_6213627,00.html
    The Football Association has formally complained to Fifa after a fan breached security and got into the England dressing room.
    A supporter is said to have got into the Three Lions' dressing room and confronted David Beckhamspacer.gif in Cape Town.spacer.gif
    England were booed off following their 0-0 draw with Algeria at the Green Point Stadium that leaves their World Cupspacer.gif hopes hanging by a thread.
    And one supporter was so angry he took direct action and evaded security to remonstrate with the former skipper, who has been a constant presence since England's arrival in South Africa.spacer.gif
    England now go into their last group game against Slovenia aware that a victory is essential to reach knockout stages of the World Cup.
    Fabio Capello's side drew their opening match of the tournament with the USA as a Robert Green howler ensured the encounter ended in a 1-1 draw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Honestly you would swear they were beaten 3-0.

They are still in a position to win the group and can still go far. A bit of perspective is needed. Although England fans arnt famous for perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

they had to refer to it as the "three lions" dressing room:rolleyes: 3 big pussies would be more accurate going by there perfromances.

anyways, david beckhams fault how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

confronting Beckham? Em-why? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Capello must play that fan, he clearly knows how to unpick a defence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mr Alan wrote: »

As I said in the other thread the average English lager lout isn't renowned for his intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Mr Alan wrote: »

He kicked Simeone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

df1985 wrote: »
    anyways, david beckhams fault how?

throw his name on an article and it becomes massive sure, if they go out I bet some newspaper says that it was his influence within the camp that caused it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I presume that Beckham was standing near the entrance in the changing room so would have been one of the first people that the intruder would have confronted. Most likely said nothing to Beckham but because Beckham was in ear shot it is going to be construed as an verbal assault on Beckham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

He was one of them booing lads. Bloody booers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ush1 wrote: »

Stop deflecting from the real issue thats on everyone's mind ush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Ush1 wrote: »

Booooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Perhaps he was outraged and wanted to chastise Rooney for his bad language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Just been confirmed as one of the lads from OFCOM lodging a complaint with Rooney over his comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Booooo

*whinge*

If they aren't careful, England might get knocked out of the World Cup from all this terrible booing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

what an idiot that guy is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Maybe Beckham shagged his missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Esse85 wrote: »

& Terry had sloppy seconds again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Esse85 wrote: »

Maybe his missus shagged Beckham¥ England is going through Capello is not the kind of manager to turn up with the team selection written on an empty box of 20 major.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭LowOdour

what the hell is the point of beckham being there anyway...bar the commercial side of it. Does he really need to be sitting with the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

LowOdour wrote: »
    what the hell is the point of beckham being there anyway...bar the commercial side of it. Does he really need to be sitting with the bench

Any excuse to be away from the dog and bone i should think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Any excuse to be away from the dog and bone i should think.
    Even watching england play!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Maybe his missus shagged Beckham¥ England is going through Capello is not the kind of manager to turn up with the team selection written on an empty box of 20 major.

I once had a manager who always wrote his selections on the back of a twenty major.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Margaret: Mike, here's the squad list, and I've given copies to the press, like you asked.
    Mike: Ah, well done, Margaret, thank you... hey, hang on a minute! There's 28 names here, I only picked 26.
    Margaret: Well, that was the list you gave me.
    Mike: Tony Hedges, York City? I didn't pick him, love.
    Margaret: You must have done, Mike. I wouldn't have put him down, otherwise.
    Mike: Never heard of him, have I? And who's this clown? Ron Benson, Plymouth Argyle?
    Margaret: Look, Mike, they were on the list of players that you gave me!
    Mike: [holding up the cigarette box he wrote the squad list on] Oh, come on, love! Show me where it says "Benson and Hedges" on that.

Mike Basset England Manager... Genius.

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Booooo

Boooooooooooo

Crosáidí wrote: »
    & Terry had sloppy seconds again

and Ashley had turds :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Absolutely disgusting that a person like this could get into a dressing room. He could of been wielding a knife or a gun. Aren't South Africa just delightful hosts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Going by Townsends commentary last night after 46 minutes - Capello was a poor manager for not changing things, he thinks the players have lost confidence in his system - you'd swear they were eliminated last night the way they go on sometimes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

LowOdour wrote: »

+1
    I mentioned this on another thread and it was suggested by others on this forum that he had every right to be there and he earns way more money then me! idiots

There is no point in Beckham being there, the man cant even string a sentence together ffs! Its pure up ur own hole media/PR horse ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Apparenly the fan didn't actually break in.

He was let in by Rob Green :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

"Were they yelling boo or boo-urns Boers?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Why Beckham? That seems strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Honestly you would swear they were beaten 3-0.

They are still in a position to win the group and can still go far. A bit of perspective is needed. Although England fans arnt famous for perspective.

I think its more the worry of the perforamance of the last 2 matches not so much the result. As you said they could still go on to win the group but they've looked so poor, evne their best players are looking well off. Rooney yesterday was dire, lampard wasnt much better, lennon didnt do a whole lot but thought he was a bit unlucky to get taken off.

Advertisement