Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redmond O' Donohue on Matt Coopers show Friday

• 18-06-2010 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

5 mb download ff to 12.00 mins, make of it what you will.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

To be honest i never had time for him but I actually bothered to listen to him this time.
    Again after I listened to him I was sorry i did.

He talked about how sad it was in Ireland that you needed to have a minister at the table to get proper representation, he would of hoped that at this stage we would have moved away from that, i found that a bit rich seems as he is good friend with Martin Cullen and yet somehow he got to be chairman of company which was under his control.

What does he know about the hardships about putting children through college 'oh no the rent in Dublin is so high my children will have to stay in the four seasons instead'

On a side note I struggle to see how anyone who is director of a company that was run into the ground could be put into any important position never mind working as Chairman or a public company when a lot of public companies are trying to clean up after serious mismanagement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I don't know much about the running of W Crystal, but in fairness the tourism aspect was done well. So he seems to know a bit about tourism and is working for Fáilte Ireland, which makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

dayshah wrote: »
    I don't know much about the running of W Crystal, but in fairness the tourism aspect was done well. So he seems to know a bit about tourism and is working for Fáilte Ireland, which makes sense.

As far as i know his background is in marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

jayboi wrote: »
    To be honest i never had time for him but I actually bothered to listen to him this time.
    Again after I listened to him I was sorry i did.

He talked about how sad it was in Ireland that you needed to have a minister at the table to get proper representation, he would of hoped that at this stage we would have moved away from that, i found that a bit rich seems as he is good friend with Martin Cullen and yet somehow he got to be chairman of company which was under his control.

What does he know about the hardships about putting children through college 'oh no the rent in Dublin is so high my children will have to stay in the four seasons instead'

On a side note I struggle to see how anyone who is director of a company that was run into the ground could be put into any important position never mind working as Chairman or a public company when a lot of public companies are trying to clean up after serious mismanagement.

I have to agree. He was a failed Director that got handsomely paid when the company was crumbling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

He came across very well I thought. Far better than Cullen and others on important issues such as Waterford Crystal, development of Waterford's historic quarter and WIT's university bid. Particularly on the last point he was rock solid.

I know a lot of people have no time for him as a result of his time in Waterford Crystal, but I wouldn't envy anyone in that position at that time, when you couldn't do right for doing wrong, but he would make a very Dail representative for Waterford.

• Advertisement
Advertisement